Thread: here comes turkey day :)!!

Thumbs up here comes turkey day :)!!

brined and smoked fresh turk,riced taters w/pavalone, goo'e sweet tater/yam mix ,green bean cassrol like mom's, stuffing so good u eat it like a meal the next few days ,oh.. did i say gravy?..UMM. at this point i think like 'Hommer S"
    WHEN IN DOUBT> THROTTLE OUT.......

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

been up since 4 am. today.. i have bread rising, and pumpkin cooking for pies.

apples bein peeled and getting ready to destroy the kitchen for the day... hmmm should be ready to clean up about the time the kids get home from schoo..
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Wife and kid flew to California last night, so I'm going to spend most of my Thanksgiving in the woods chasing hares or predators. I'll likely stop by my parents for dinner, but I'm taking a much needed mental health day in the woods.

My turkey is marinating with Zesty Itailan waiting for the fryer tomorrow. Making 3 way greens today (collard, mustard, kale) with smoked hamhocks, making old schol mac and cheese ( I have NEVER eaten mac and cheese out of box), and tomorrow morning I will make aundoille/chorizo stuffing and the cranberry sauce with dried cranberries and apples mixed in with other secret stuff.

Yummy, getting hungry just thinking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by wldboar View Post
    My turkey is marinating with Zesty Itailan waiting for the fryer tomorrow. Making 3 way greens today (collard, mustard, kale) with smoked hamhocks, making old schol mac and cheese ( I have NEVER eaten mac and cheese out of box), and tomorrow morning I will make aundoille/chorizo stuffing and the cranberry sauce with dried cranberries and apples mixed in with other secret stuff.

Yummy, getting hungry just thinking about it.
    Holy Smokes, Boar! I'd have booked a flight had I known you were cooking like that! You sure have some spoiled famdamly enjoying that kind of eats!

I'm just brining my turkey overnight in a concoction of brown/white sugar, kosher salt, soy sauce, alspice, pepper and fresh garlic. I'll be deep frying that bad boy tomorrow. Of course, I'll be injecting it with butter/olive oil and Tony's just for that extra kick. That's my turkey. The wife is just doin the boring old bag and roast with hers.

We're having all of her famdamly over and nobody from mine, but I guess that's why all of her folks come over! I can't wait to get to cooking!

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone!