Thread: 2009 Moose horn mount

Default 2009 Moose horn mount

Heres's a few pics of my horn mount from this years moose that was done my Bob at Action Anatomy in Eagle River. I know it's just a horn mount but it came out looking great and it looks good on our wall.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Another angle....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Mount

Very nice, sure would like a few more details. Did you have it rough scored? Width, points, etc.

Nahhhh, he was only 47" wide though his paddles and brows are pretty good for a moose this size. I figured another 2-3 years and he would have been a real good bull.

What the cost for that mount?

I believe it as $250, which included cleaning the skull and all that other junk. Well worth it IMO.

Default Very nice!

Bob did a very nice job! Looks good on the wall!

Thumbs up

That is a great looking rack and the mount came out just perfect. Love the wider panel it is mounted on.
    http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...0junk/reag.jpg

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Before taking any of my advice for granted on here research the legal ramifications thoroughly I am not the Troopers nor am I the Judge that will be presiding over your case/hearing. Please read the hunting and sportfishing regulations and feel free to interpret their meaning on your own.

Thanks guys, he's not my biggest moose but he sure is one of the prettiest bulls I have taken over the years.

Default Very nice!

I like the way he did the wall mount. I don't think I have seen one like that. It seems to fit with the antlers much better than the larger pieces.
    Louis

Looks good bro!!

John, I really like the way he did the wood as well as the wood color. Gives me some nice ideas,

thanks for sharing

Did he have other variations of plaques or was that one just your favorite?

He had others but this is the one I chose, never seen one like it before and it goes well with those little antlers and makes them look good.

Nice mount... where did you get the moose? It looks like it was well cared for.

great mount.....you know the prettiest moose i have ever taken was a 45" wide bull. really nice reddish brown color on the antlers, wide palms, lots of cool lookin points...took him in unit 20F any bull unit quite a few years back now, the most important thing about it is it was the first animal i had ever taken with my custom built 98 mauser in 30-06 that my father built and gave to me for a birthday present.. nice lookin moose you got!

Release Lake Trout

Default Heres a pic of that bull

Release Lake Trout

Great looking mount!

My bull was taken in unit 20D and wasn't the only bull I saw. Most of the hunters had pulled out a few days prior and we were beginning to see more legal bulls everyday. I had actually spotted one bigger the day prior but when I went to find him he disappeared on me. Also had a chance at a nice fat spike/fork but he wouldn't leave his momma's side to give me a shot. I've been hunting this area for over a decade and have taken several bigger bulls over the years. Our camp took 4 bulls out of 5 hunters and if the 5th hunter would have showed up a bit earlier he would have filled his tag also.