Thread: tanana valley meats...bad meat/work...

Post tanana valley meats...bad meat/work...

WHEN IN DOUBT> THROTTLE OUT.......

"It looks to me like the mistake we made is we were too nice and people took advantage of us," Miller said."

You've got to be kidding me, sounds like these guys got greedy and took in more than they should have and now they want to blame the hunters for it. Too bad the law can't do anything about this.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

same discussion is going on in the got my meat back thread.....http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ad.php?t=64342

edit... got my moose back thread
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Thumbs up Delta Meats

I was lucky.........this year. But next year (2010) Delta Meats will get my Business.

Default game meat

I guess that I do not understand the issue. Grant it, my wife and I were both raised in hunting families. For the most part we process all of our own game meat. The only thing that we have done is hot dogs and such. Even those only go to shops that will process our OWN meat. Over the years we have aquired meat cutting tables, grinders and cubers. Brother in law is meat cutter by trade and comes to the house to cut up meat for us after we have hung it for the amount of time we want. When he is done we have pile of bones and tubs of various cuts of meat to be taken care of. Grant it, it gets busy during that time of the year but that what it is all about.
    But like everyone should already know proper meat handling starts right after the animal is down. Poor handling in the field destories more meat than just about anything else.

Thumbs up Small Claims Court

Quote Originally Posted by AkHunter45 View Post
    "It looks to me like the mistake we made is we were too nice and people took advantage of us," Miller said."

You've got to be kidding me, sounds like these guys got greedy and took in more than they should have and now they want to blame the hunters for it. Too bad the law can't do anything about this.
    Sounds like a good case for small claims court......cost of meat + time= 2K for me.
    some people who hired flying service or Airboats/Jetboats might be even more.....that is the only way to teach them a lesson they are about 12 people in FBKS that own the business.

I delivered my moose the 4th of Sep and it was late OCT when I picked it up after several weeks of calling. When I went to drop off my Moose on the 4 th of Sep they had alot of caribou hanging......and the meat cutter went hunting. Go Figure!

Delta Meats will get mine this year............I hope Fairbanks follows me!

Default I had a problem with them as well

I killed a good moose there in September and had them do it for me. it not only took way too long, but some how it took them an extra month to get it shipped to me when they were finished. when i got it back I only got 280lbs from it. I know there was a hell of a lot more meet there than that. I had already cut the backstraps out and wanted them to be just frozen and shiped, but they were no where to be found when I got it in. not to mention the price was way to much. Never again.

just picked mine up in Dec after dropping it off in Dec, well they say I still have some meat somewhere and cannot find it. Lets see I dropped off two rear quarters, one front and some scrape meat for a total of 348 pounds of prime week old hung clean Moose meat and I only got back 141 pounds......hmmm! I dont think those bones weighed that much.Its now Feb and I havent had a call for the other box of meat yet.

What I got back from them (3 months later) is OK, but they told me they would have "the rest" in a few days. That was about 6 weeks ago. Haven't heard from them yet and not going to call about it any more. If they want to get paid, I guess they'll figure it out. Definitely won't use them again. Too bad. I had good luck with BY Farms.
    We are right to take alarm at the first experiment upon our liberties.
    James Madison

IM sofa king disgusted. I got my first Moose gave it to TVM and got it back in DEC or Jan anyhow.... just this past wekened I broke out some hamburger to eat...omg! it stinks so bad. It has to be bad.

IM totally heart broken over the fact and cant bring myself to go down there with it all for a refund. Or if thats even right. Anyhow ugh! Im just pissed and sick over it.

Dang, sorry to hear that Daniel.

If you guys are planning on using Delta Meats this year, make sure to get in touch with them well ahead of time. They are doing my dads bison right now and I spoke with them about this coming season and the onslaught of work they should be expecting due to TVM's screw up's. She said they aren't worried about it, because they will not accept more than they can handle. They will turn people away, so have a back up plan ready to go.

Default Delta Meat

They will also not accept meat that was not taken care of in the field and shows up a mess. They have very little sympathy for slob hunters bringing in dirty meat, and I have been told Troopers have been involved sometimes over it. They run a top notch place, and expect the same of their customers handling of meat coming to them.

-TJ

I turned in a box of cubed moosed, about 55lbs worth, for sausage and hot dogs. I got most of the sausage I asked for and hunter sticks instead of hot dogs. It took about 3 months. My problem was if they knew it was going to take so long they should have just said so. If they had told me 3 months because they were busy then no problem. But to tell me 3 weeks and everytime I call about it I get the run around it pisses me off. Next time it's Delta Meat's for me. They will even pick it up and deliver it back to Fairbanks. I agree, sounds like they took too much work. They already knew they were short staffed. The one good thing I can say for them is when I finally talked to the manager he apologized, gave us a little extra and cut a break on the price. So if you didn't get all your meat back then thanks, I must have gotten some of yours.
    "...arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe...Horrid mischief would ensue were the good deprived of the use of them." -Thomas Paine