Thread: fuel @ deadhorse

Default fuel @ deadhorse

Does anybody know if fuel was availible at Deadhorse this past fall? I'd like to go up next summer and will have to tanker gas onboard or buy some there. Never liked carring gas cans, goes back to fuel blatter inside Heuy's Thanks Tom

Default Fuel

It was 6 bucks a gallon, in Deadhorse. On the way up I filled up in fairbanks for like 4.25, flew over to bettles, and I think it was 7.39 a gallon. If you plan on flying into deadhorse, it is IFR probably a third of the time. If you had a chase truck, you could stop in Coldfoot and Happy Valley for fuel.

Terry

Just 55 miles north of ANC ... on the lake

Default slicks or guns

ahhh slicks with bladders...Mike models, scouts for me, a hundred years ago...seems just like yesterday...when were you at mother rucker?...

You can also get fuel in Umiat on the way up, or if you run into the coastal weather at Deadhorse. Last time I got fuel in Umiat it was cheaper than Bettles.
    Fly safe.

Default Umiat

Umiat is way out of the way and only has fuel during parts of the seasons, I would call ahead if I was going to fly out that way. The nice thing about bettles is the passes west of atigan are alot lower.

Terry

Just throwing out options Terry.
    You can always call Taiga Ventures as they handle the fuel in Umiat to check availability. I've never seen them without.
    Can never have to many options for fuel.

Default Thanks Uncle

Thats why I love my new sat phone, I have all the numbers preprogrammed into it and can call from anywhere, options are a good thing.

Thumbs up Fuel

call Colville @ deadhorse 659-3198 jet-a jet-b 100LL 365 24/7

Glad you have a sat phone Terry. Best safety of flight thing ever since common sense. I carry a portable and a hard mount unit tied to my audio panel. Makes the wife feel better as well as me, plus it helps with determining options when things go to s**t.
    I always like hearing about others being prepared. Good for you. Money very well spent.

Unc

Thanks Hogg. I put the number in my cell phone. Doesn't take a cell signal to look up a number to call on the sat phone! Information is king.
    Unc