Thread: broadheads

Default broadheads

Just checkin to where some of you would start makin adjustments on your bow.If you been shootin both field tips and broadheads with no problems, Then you start noticing your arrows w/broadheads are fishtailing and some are spinning loops towards the target.Field pts still shootin good. Spin chkd all my arrows w/broadheads nice n smooth, I do not have my muzzy 3 blades lined up up with my vanes it never used to be a problem. I started turning my vanes to diff possitions prior to my shots and noticed that when i had my cock vane down they were flying straight again but a little to the right. Got to dark before I could tell if that was steady pattern of improvment or not. Any idea's greatly appreciated thxs...

Default Oh where to start!

There are so many variables here and so many things that you are not telling us that I have only one place for you to start. Arrow rest, spline, arrow, set-up...........

When things are not going right, I always go back to the basics. Start from ground zero and check everything. Try the Easton Bow Tuning Download and see if it helps. At least you might learn something you didn't know.

http://www.eastonarchery.com/downloads.asp
    "Never again shall one generation of Veterans abandon another".
    Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Default broadheads

I tried downloading the Easton guide but my poor ol computer would not make it work. Shooting a Switchback 70# GoldTip 7595 100gr 3 blade muzzy w/trophy taker drop away.Most of my prob seem to have started after I had a new w/c string put on, just never got it tuned the way it shot with the old cuda strings.

Default Then back up

If you changed the string and it is not shooting like it was, then I'd go back and tune it with the target points first or bare shaft. If the bow is not perfect with target points, then it certainly isn't going to throw broadheads straight. When tuned properly, both should fly the same.

I would leave the rest alone and start back and check everything else.

Once everything is perfect again. take a piece of paper and write down "ALL" measurements, and record them. Then next time, or if you have to change a string in the field, you have a starting point.
    "Never again shall one generation of Veterans abandon another".
    Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

100 grain broadheads with GT 7595's seems a little light. As I recall you should be shooting 125 grain broadheads according to GT.

Default broadheads

The bow has been shooting field pts right on for quite awhile and was shooting
    broadheads really close to the field pts also. Just kind of started to notice the diff here awhile back. My dealer was the one who set me up with 100gr 75795
    and they have shot well for a couple years. I got a couple of things i'll start checkin and go from there......

Quote Originally Posted by Kay9Cop View Post
    100 grain broadheads with GT 7595's seems a little light. As I recall you should be shooting 125 grain broadheads according to GT.

I shoot GT xt hunters with 100 gr Muzzy and they shoot awsome. But I take the time to fine tune each arrow to the BH.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK