Thread: Trying to buy reloading press

Talking Trying to buy reloading press

Trying to buy a RCBS 2000 from Cabela's and they will not ship to Alaska. Anyone else had this problem and know a way to get it shipped up here or know where one can be bought local. I have called several places and no one has them and not interested in ordering one. Anyone have one for sale, or my consider something else if in good shape?
    Retirement Plan - Having Fun and Still Learning

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Default wow!

the only thing i have fund they would not ship was food items...

what is there reason for not shipping?

http://www.rcbs.com/general/dealer_locator.aspx here is RCBS loctor too...

good luck
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Talking

They said it was a restricted item and will not ship. This was on their web site, may try calling on phone and see what happens. I will try the dealer locate site also. Thanks
    Retirement Plan - Having Fun and Still Learning

Smile Maybe...

Its fate. You are destined to have a Redding T7 press. Order one from Mid-Way.

It must be Obama's fault. The Dems know that Alaskan's are Republican and they don't want us loading our own ammo, they can't tax it

Looks like a size or weight problem. Yeah, buy it from Midway or somewhere else.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!

I personaly have never bought a "new" press of any kind as they are simply too easy to find used for much, much les money!

if youre not in a hurry, keep an eye on craiglist, e-bay or hit the gun shows and you can get a very nice press for very little cash.

also let your work buddies know that you are into re-loading... I have two RCBS presses that were given to me by guys that dont reload any longer simply because they knew I was into that kind of thing! I also snagged two Lyman turret presses over the years for less than $50 each and probably passed on a dozen or so other great deals simply because I dont need any more presses!
    “You’ve gotten soft. You’re like one of those police dogs who’s released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.” Bill McNeal of News Radio

Cabelas won't ship a tumbler either.

Tim

I think the reason Cabelas won't or can't ship reloading equipement is because they probably have to ship reloading equipment by "Ground Shipping" and Cabelas does not ship "Ground" to Alaska. They only ship by flight. I had the same thing happen when I was trying to get a life vest cartridge shipped to me up there. Can't Sportsman's Warehouse get what you want..?

Try Midway or Graf's.
    Now what ?

2nd on the Redding T7

Thats weird, I just ordered two sets of shoes for my wife and added a bunch of reloading stuff, incuding bullets, from Cabelas and they sent it right away (via mail) on a free shipping deal.
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

Cabelas just posted a new $20 rebate on their web site so finally ordered the Forster Co-Ax press that I've been putting off. On back order, but the order went through without any problems.

Suspect there is some component in the press you are attempting to order that is "hazardous" and that is why the order keeps on getting kicked out. Had the same thing happen to me recently when trying to order a rifle cleaning kit.
    Tennessee

I Just got the Lee's 50th anni reloading kit from Cabela's last week...SHhhhhh it's my Christmas Present....I was worried about them shipping after reading this post before I ordered, but it came thru no problem..ask them to box it as a kit and maybe you can get it....
    Yesterday I ran into an Old Girlfriend and I thought I missed her...
    So I backed up and hit her again, ya know sometimes I really do miss her!!

Quote Originally Posted by .338 mag. View Post
    Its fate. You are destined to have a Redding T7 press. Order one from Mid-Way.

.338MAG Is spot on! Its destiny that you own a Redding T-7.. They are a beast, work great and will last longer that you will.