Thread: Kenai River Cabins

Default Kenai River Cabins

Has anyone stayed at the Kenai River Cabins? I am going to Seward for Halibut and silver salmon July 31 for 3 days and then fish the Kenai for Reds or Silvers for 4 days. Any suggestions for a motorized or float trip?

Quote Originally Posted by maitoi View Post
    Has anyone stayed at the Kenai River Cabins? I am going to Seward for Halibut and silver salmon July 31 for 3 days and then fish the Kenai for Reds or Silvers for 4 days. Any suggestions for a motorized or float trip?

If you're referring to the one's in Cooper Landing, yes I and my family have stayed there, but that was when the previous owners ran it so I can't attest to the conditions now. That said, our stay there was pleasant, the cabins aren't huge, but they are comfortable, and there is no running water in them, you share a community bathroom/shower with the rest of the cabins, as I recall there are 2 bathrooms with showers in the main building.

For a float trip try Troutfitters or Mystic Waters in Cooper Landing.

Hope that helps.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

If you're looking for silvers in the first few days of August on the major KP streams, you'll likely be pretty early even in the lowermost reaches for the best fishing ... but if you wish to do a float trip for silvers in that timeframe, why not consider the Kasilof for silvers. It'll have some fish on the traditional August 1 opener and is usually in full swing by the 8th. How it fishes inbetween will vary from year based on a number of different factors.

While it'll probably be way too early to see many silvers in the upper Kenai, there will be some reds available and you always have the trout / dolly fishery as well.

The Kenai River Cabins I'm refering to are just south of Soldotna off of Funny River Road.

Smile Eagle Roost Lodge

Quote Originally Posted by maitoi View Post
    If you're referring to the one's in Kenai, yes I stayed at Eagle Roost Lodge in July. It was rustic and a bit far from downtown. However, an owner, Ken is very kind and keeping nice hospitality. He has a couple of rent-boats also. You can get on it by five steps. Accommodation rates are between $49 to $60 per night. If he has a spair time, he will take you secret poit for salmon.
    Please visit his home-page.