Thread: Trap/Snare Marking?

Default Trap/Snare Marking?

I went through all the trapping regulations looking to find out whether there is a requirement for a trapper to mark and/or identify his his traps. I did not find anything in the regs where this was addressed. Is there a requirement? If so, where can I find it? Thanks for the help.

Default Tags

Oats if you look under the units there are some areas where you have to tag your traps and snares. The ones that I found are 1-5 and 12 and 20E. Just look at the start of the units and you will find if you have to tag your traps and snares.

Quote Originally Posted by OATS View Post
    I went through all the trapping regulations looking to find out whether there is a requirement for a trapper to mark and/or identify his his traps. I did not find anything in the regs where this was addressed. Is there a requirement? If so, where can I find it? Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by akhunter300saum; 11-21-2009 at 20:37. Reason: edit

I know that the Kenai National Wildlife Refuge requires you to tag your traps and you also have to take a class and register.

Dan

I had that same question. I called the wildlife troopers and they said there is no requirement to mark them where I trap, but like mentioned before, you must mark them in some units.
    "...arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe...Horrid mischief would ensue were the good deprived of the use of them." -Thomas Paine