Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My new Wooldridge is Born!!!!

1250 miles S/O paradise in the lwr 48 dreaming of SE AK

Default My new Wooldridge is Born!!!!

I promissed I would do a build log on the new boat and I have the first pictures here they are. I will update as she goes together.

Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Awesome...

They're supposed to start on mine in a couple weeks, can't wait!

I've heard they're really good about sending pictures as it progresses.

Seattle Boat Show is the last week of January...may be a good reason to go down and check on the build...

It's nice to see such a clean shop! Congrats on the new boat!
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Thanks guys here is one more they sent they were working on it today.

Mike

Mike,

Can you list the specs for your new boat here?

Jim
    2009 Seawolf 31'
    www.seawolfmarine.com
    Fully Loaded

Quote Originally Posted by jrogers View Post
    Mike,

Can you list the specs for your new boat here?

Jim
    I will give it a try if my memory serves me right I don't have my paper work with me.

Length 26'-6" beam 8'-6"
    Power 250 Yamaha & t-8 kicker (the kicker I took off my old boat with TR-1 auto pilot)
    Extended bow pulpit & clam hatch that I saw posted on here first made by diamond seaglase for the bow access
    Self bailing cockpit
    Port side door in cockpit
    I went with the smaller 8' cabin that gives me over 10' in length for the cockpit. Cabin will have a dinnete that converts to a bed no galley. seating for 7 captains chair is heavy duty suspension type.
    Prewired for downriggers & Pot puller
    Radar arch & lots of rocket launchers
    Couple net and or gaff holders on each side of cabin
    2 large fish boxes in the cockpit floor
    Transom fish box split in 2 half fish locker half live well.
    Wash down system
    150 gallon fuel cell
    Aluminum EZ Loader trailer disc brakes and liquid hubs.
    Upgraded the bilge pumps to dual 1500 GPM one auto
    The electronics I will buy and install myself I plan on going with the Garmin 4212 bundle with radar, ICOM M504, Kenwood stereo rear deck video cam that dispalys on the Garmin screen. I have not decided yet wether to go Scotty or Cannon downriggers but they will be electric.
    pre rigged for a Webasto heater I will probably put in next year money is running short for now.

I have probably missed something but that is the bulk of it. The specs for weight material thickness and the rest can be found on their web site I can't recite that off the top of my head.

Mike

Sounds like it will be very nice. Can you explain what made you decide to go with Wooldridge instead of another brand?

Quote Originally Posted by jakim View Post
    Sounds like it will be very nice. Can you explain what made you decide to go with Wooldridge instead of another brand?
    Mine was not an impulse buy I have been wanting a bigger boat with a hard top for a couple years. I have looked at a bunch of boats and tried to figure out how I could make them work for me.

I own a small marine manufacturing business and I make an anchor bracket for the bow to fit a rocking chair type anchor that is used to fish large rivers like the Columbia. I make other stuff also but that is my main product.

My Anchor Locker is designed for an open sled or a walk through window type sled. I wanted a pilot house boat that I could fish the big river with and still fish the Pacific and the AK inside and accommodate my anchor system. The Wooldridge fit my needs best. I called many different builders some were more $$ than I budgeted for and none made a boat that would do what the Wooldridge would do (for my anchor system).

I need to be able to demo my products and shoot video this boat design did exactly that. Several of the manufacturers I got bids from were willing to work with me to accommodate my needs but none of them made anything that worked that they could show me pictures of or a real boat I could look at. When I walked into Wooldridge they had exactly what I wanted I could look at the finished product and know exactly what I was getting. When you are dealing with unknown designs that you can't see and feel I feel you stand a good chance of not getting what you had in mind but rather what the builder thinks you have in mind.

I was also very impressed with their willingness to listen to all my ideas and I feel like their goal is to make me a nice boat and so far they have gone way out of their way to work with me and make me happy.

I also wanted an economical boat to operate and they had all the test results and video to back up their tests. They actually load the boats with weight and show the test on video. I did not see anyone else that backed up what they told me their boats would do.

I was not the everyday boat buyer and so far they have exceeded my expectations the proof will be in the final product. They are located 2 hours from my house and I like that the others were much further away so if I need service work that will come in handy. I just get a good feeling about these guys.

The funny thing is I was not planning on looking at their boats but since I was driving through the area to look at a competitorís boat I stopped in and I am glad I did.

When I put my old NR Seahawk up for sale I had planned to buy a Hewescraft Pacific Cruiser that was on Craigs List in Anchorage but I just really wanted a boat with a self bailing deck. I decided to look at new stuff and the rest is history.

Mike

I am not sure if this is OK but I am not trying to spam anyone. Go to my web site and click on my installs page watch the Utube video and you will see why this boat with the big clam hatch in the bow will work so good and why a standard pilot won't. The boat in the video is my old NR and the big good looking guy is me. www.MillerMarineProducts.com

Mike

Default Garmin 5212 would be a better choice

I have had both, installed both and the 5212 is a better product and so much easier to use. Nice boat!

Quote Originally Posted by kaisersosei View Post
    I have had both, installed both and the 5212 is a better product and so much easier to use. Nice boat!
    The 5212 is another $1K over the 4212 at that point you are at around the same price as a Furuno Nav Net system and if I was to spend the extra I would go with the Furuno.

Mike

Major wowage here! Congrats to both Gundog and Ellamar. Agree with AKmud about the clean shop...looks like you could eat off the floor. This whole thing just reeks of professionalism and $ well spent. Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Default Latest pictures

Here are the latest pictures of the new boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Gundog View Post
    The 5212 is another $1K over the 4212 at that point you are at around the same price as a Furuno Nav Net system and if I was to spend the extra I would go with the Furuno.

Mike

I have the 4212 and really like it. Last year when I was having my boat built I looked at the Navnet 3D, and people were really disappointed with it at that time. They did not have vector data for anywhere but their demo areas, it took a long time to power up (10 minutes) and the total system would crash when you would do simple things, such as trying to rename points. I don't mean to bash Furuno, I just thought I would warn you about the way it was last year and to look into it if you consider the 3D.

The boat looks great. It is fun to watch them grow like this.
    2009 Seawolf 31'
    www.seawolfmarine.com
    Fully Loaded

Latest pictures.

Any new pics??

Not yet. The project slowed down when I decided to use one of the new Yamaha 300 HP motors they were not supposed to be released until April but I got a call today and they will not get one until at least August now. I was originally going to use a 250 HP Yamaha I may just go back to that motor I really want the 300 but I don't want to wait that long.

Mike

Gundog, there is no doubt that you did a ton of research for an outboard. Are you going with 2 or 4 stroke? I am interested in the what the new Yamaha has to offer. I have heard nothing but good things about the Suzuki 300hp 4 stroke.
    I'm living my new boat dreams thru you guys. Keep the pics coming when you get a chance.

Gundog, there is no doubt that you did a ton of research for an outboard. Are you going with 2 or 4 stroke? I am interested in the what the new Yamaha has to offer. I have heard nothing but good things about the Suzuki 300hp 4 stroke.
    I'm living my new boat dreams thru you guys. Keep the pics coming when you get a chance.
    They have already bought all my controls for Yamaha (fly by wire dual station) so I don't think I can change to Suzuki. I would have no problem going with Suzuki I think they have a great motor. The main reason I went with Yamaha is the kicker I have that I removed from my last boat is a Yamaha T-8 and I wanted the motors to match. The matching thing is not that big of a deal though.

Grant told me they tested the same hull I am getting with 5 big guys and 50 gallons of fuel with a Etec 250 and WOT hit 53 MPH. I think the 250 is plenty of power so I think that is what I will go with and get this thing back on track.

Mike

Here are a couple pictures of my boat they are working on it again until it is completed.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast