Thread: Good Bunny Area Near Homer/Anchor Point

Default Good Bunny Area Near Homer/Anchor Point

I am planning to take a friend and his son out for some bunnies around Thanksgiving. The only problem is that I don't know any good areas around (SW Wyoming was were I grew up, and I could find the bunnies there, but haven't done much up here).

We will only have a half day, so I can't go too far. Does anybody have an area that they would be willing to suggest? Thanks in advance for such a great website and for being so willing to share your hard earned knowledge.

Jake

Default Possibilities:

Go a little farther north and try Falls Creek Road or Oilwell Road in the Clam Gulch and Ninilchik areas respectively. People have told there are bunnies there.

If you have a wheeler, you could park and go down the switchback past Vosnesenka and hunt the Fox River trail (should be well used by goose hunters- park at the top). I have never hunted for hare there, but if memory serves me (been 7 years) it might be good for rabbits.

I have a few places in the Kasilof area, but you'd have to PM me for the info.
    Also- longer ways- but Swanson River is usually productive off birch/aspen forest, and up side trails. Further still is Mystery Creek Road (if it is still open), which has plenty of rabbit browse.

It would be hard to go wrong this year... but in a few years, you'll be wondering where all the little beasts went to.

P.S.- Ooops! didn't see your 1/2 day parameter.

Thanks Sayak.

I was thinking the Oilwell road as well. Glad to hear others suggest it.

I'll have to try and talk my friend into getting the whole day off so we can go a little farther next time.