Thread: Kenai RV campgrounds

Default Kenai RV campgrounds

Hello,
    My wife and I will be in the Kenai the last week of July 2007 and are researching RV parks. We are looking for campgrounds that have access to shore fishing that is available only to the customers of the campgrounds rather than to the general public. We want to experience the great fishing offered by your region but do not want to get into a combat fishing situation.

Do you have any campgrounds that you could recommend?

Thanks for your reply.

Default Privacy...

Do a keyword search for "private camprounds AK" and up they will come.

Be advised, private campgrounds does not equate to private fishing, though some of the locals should chide in about a few that they favor more than others.

Private campgrounds sometimes have wood, showers, and picnic facilties for the price, or the added price. They also book way ahead of time with returning customers, so get busy...

http://www.alaskanauthor.com

Default Soldotna Private Campground

RW's Fishing does have 10 RV sites and he has 1000' of private (Kenai)river bank to fish. We went there Aug 1 - 6th 2005 and had a great time. We fished the second run of reds and did a halibut charter in Homer. We came home with 60 lbs of sockeye fillets and halibut. That wasn't too bad considering my wife only fished for reds once and she didn't go on the halibut charter. There is a real technique for fishing for red's so do your homework. My wife and I rented a 26' class c motorhome in anchorage and spent a few days on the Russian River and then on to Soldotna. I like RW's so well we are going next August for a week and are staying in the 2 bedroom condos he has there. You owe it to your self to check out the website. Don't forget to stop by Bird Creek and fish a few hours for silvers on the way to Soldotna. There is a Sportsman's warehouse in Anchorage that has all the gear you need. If you like to flyfish pick up some assorted beads and fish for Rainbows and Dollies. I caught a 30 inch rainbow that was awesome. I will be going to Alaska for the rest of my life I like it so well for the fishing, bears and scenery.

Here's a few more rv parks, be sure to ask if they have private riverbank fishing:
    Diamond M RV Ranch Mile 16.5 Kalifonsky Beach Rd Soldotna AK 99669 907-283-9424

Edgewater RV Resort 44770 Funny River Rd Soldotna AK 99669-9600 907-262-7733
    Kenai Riverbend Resort 45525 Porters Rd Soldotna AK 99669 907-283-9489
    River Quest RV Resort 45933 Porter Rd Soldotna AK 99669 907-283-4991
    River Terrace Campground 44761 Sterling Hwy Soldotna AK 99669-7941 907-262-5593
    Frank
    Alaska Wildrose Charters and Cabins
    www.wildroselodge.com

Sorry to say River Quest has been turned into private lots with no transient spaces. River Bend has gone to a minimum of 30 days. River Terrace and RWs are both great but have many many repeat visitors....get ahold of them as soon as you can and you might be able to get a space.

if the rules are kept from last year the russian river canpground will be the russian river rv park.
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Default Thanks everone

for taking the time to reply. If anyone else has a comment it would also be appreciated.

Thanks again.