Thread: Bragging Rights

Default Bragging Rights

Just a not to say HAHA.. Also, I'm somewhat drunk so disregard if offended by childish flaunting of awesome opportunity. BIG DITCH CHRISTMAS 2009 and new years even in Las Vegas!!! GRAND CANYON HERE I COME!! Seventeen days on the river rowing an 18 footer, I may be single and jobless when I return, but I can't deny such an opportunity!!!

Happy Holidays everyone!!

Chris

Default great grade

I'll give you an A for going on the right adventure; that sounds great.

Maybe not so much an A for posting in the right forum here, but that's hard, and that's less important than sharing a great outing. Keep posting on this thread as to how it goes and then pictures after, OK?

Congrats!

Default 0+- degrees...

Nothing more fun than rafting through the Grand Canyon in AZ while its around zero degrees in AK.

...looking forward to your diary report at the completion of the trip.

Dennis

Default Zero?

It's about 15 below outside here in bethel, not counting the wind chill. I'll post pics when I get back.

Chris

We expect with today's technology that you post almost daily blogs about your trip. Actually I read a trip report like that on the NRS website. I guess the guy had a PDA hooked up to a satphone when he could get a signal. If nothing else, make us all jealous after the trip we posts and pics.

Have a great trip!

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

cant wait for the photos.. one i have always wanted to do!!!
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Congratulations Chris. I have a GC trip planned for next year between Thanksgiving and Christmas, and I'm already getting hyped. I've even been buying gear for it already.

I was there 3 years ago, and one guy had a laptop hooked up to his sat phone, used to keep up with business email and such. He also had a large fold out solar panel that he would stretch out over the gear pile to catch some daytime rays and keep his battery charged. There's not a lot of direct sunlight that gets to the bottom, but it did keep him powered up and connected.

Chris: Have fun and be safe. Can't wait to "hear" the stories.

Default Sorry for the delay.

Been really busy since my return. Here's some action shots from lava falls, I'll get some scenery up soon.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (58.2 KB, 66 views)
    • File Type: jpg 6.jpg (57.2 KB, 67 views)

Default Two at a time?

Looks like I'll have to set up a photobucket acct. or something like that. Anyway, big scenery, big rapids, good friends made, a few mistakes made, but no flips, no swims!! EPIC. 18 Days total, fourteen sleeping under the stars, 2 days rain, four days frost in mornings, several days without the sun making it to the bottom of the canyon (you could see it 50 to 100 feet above the river, but just couldn't touch it). 50 to 60 degrees daytime, 22 to 40 night time (probably average of 35 or so). If I could do it every day I would.

Cheers,
    Chris

Smile

Sounds like you liked your trip Chris !!!!
    More pictures Please

RR
    Practice does not make perfect !!!!!
    Perfect Practice makes perfect !!!!!!!!!!

USS SARATOGA CV-60

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...ex_2-1-1-1.gif