Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Part 135 insurance

Default Part 135 insurance

Looking at starting a part 135 operation, single pilot/plane.

Starting with cessna 172. Does anyone know what the average cost for 1500,000/100,000 liability insurance is?

Any 135 operators on this forum?

Thanks

I heard the boss saying we pay about $17,000/yr for a c-207 but Im not sure about the c-172. If I find out I will let you know. This is for multiple pilots / aircraft so it might be more or less than a single pilot/plane gig. I dont know our insured $$ but I know you need 2,500 hrs before they let you take it "off airport"

wow that is alot of money per year. Thanks for the reply

Call Dean Eichholtz at Falcon Avaiation Insurance in Soldotna. Tell him what you are thinking about doing, how many hours you have and all that stuff.
    He is a great guy to work with. Tell him Alex told you to give him a call.
    His office number

907-262-5548
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

I'll give him a call. Thanks.

I submitted my single pilot cert in May 2006, and im still waiting. This spring, i happen to call and ask "what place am it?" and the lady replied im #2. I still have yet to even begin the process and ready to contact our senators again for assistance.

I looked into starting the application process a couple of weeks ago. Just looking at a single pilot / aircraft. When I went to our local FSDO I had 3 different people reassure me that it wouldnt take more than a couple of months depending on how fast I got paper work back to them and how fast we could get the plane through inspection.

I also asked about buying a lower 48 company with a plane/cert and bringing it up. They said piece of cake.

It took 17 months to get my SPOC. Insurance ran $24K a year. Wish you lots of luck......you'll need it!

24k a year, wow . How many seats is that and what kind of plane. Haul and liability or just liability.

I just got finished, It took me a year. Where are you located at? I here the list in Anchorage is long.
    Jeff

I'm in Wasilla. Called the FAA today, lady said average time is 600 days after you submit you packet untill they are ready for you, then another 300 days after that before check ride. Very discouraging to hear.

Anyone that has recently gone through this process, I would greatly appricate and help / advice. Please PM

Thanks,
    Israel

Because they get a tax payer supplied pay check regardless if they leave the office or not. Just wait until they are doing your family medical...
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

Quote Originally Posted by SkwentnaMan View Post
    Looking at starting a part 135 operation, single pilot/plane.

Starting with cessna 172. Does anyone know what the average cost for 1500,000/100,000 liability insurance is?

Any 135 operators on this forum?

Thanks
    Do you know how to make a small fortune in aviation? If you can't answer this question correctly you don't need to worry about insurance.
    Tim

By not getting into aviation. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Float Pilot View Post
    Because they get a tax payer supplied pay check regardless if they leave the office or not. Just wait until they are doing your family medical...

You took the words right out of my mouth...

Quote Originally Posted by SkwentnaMan View Post
    By not getting into aviation. LOL
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Wrong! Get out of aviation!

The Correct answer is; Start with a BIG ONE!
    Tim

i filed my pre-135 (SP/SE) in May of 2006, i am STILL waiting. the last time i talked to the FAA was around March, and they stated i was #2 in queue. I havent heard from them since.

Default 40 years and still amazed

Been flying 40 years and I'm still amazed at the FAA. They should have been shut down a long time ago and started over again with new blood that want to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by LetsflyAK View Post
    i filed my pre-135 (SP/SE) in May of 2006, i am STILL waiting. the last time i talked to the FAA was around March, and they stated i was #2 in queue. I havent heard from them since.
    That is so wrong. What could they be doing that would take 2 1/2 years other than nothing. I wonder how long #1 has been waiting.

maybe me being interviewed by KTUU kinda pissed them off? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zacRwYkmnuE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast