Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So tell me.... Why don't we have an ice fishing section again?

Default So tell me.... Why don't we have an ice fishing section again?

I'm sure you all have discussed this over and over, but remind me why we don't have an ice fishing forum again. Thanks
    "If your not the lead dog.... the view never changes"

Default Best answer...

I DONT KNOW??? We got a section for everything else, I think ice fishing would be a great sub section as well...Hopefully soon, Good Fishing to All!!

The fishing forum seems to naturally ebb and flow with the seasons. This time of year there are a lot of ice fishing threads, and when spring comes it will reverse course. We haven't seen the need, as this forum fits the bill for both ice and ice-free fishing.

There's a 'Flyfishing' forum.....doesn't that ebb and flow with the seasons too?

Thumbs up different forum

Check this forum out. It is similar to this one just not as good but its all ice fishing. Sign on, and look under community, there is a link to Alaska ice fishing. check it out..

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing....php?board=4.0
    -At what point does "against all enemies foreign and domestic" apply to politicians?

Default Second the Iceshanty Website

I use this website all winter long. Most of the people and reports seems to be from fishing the valley, fairbanks area. Or Lake louise area. A few reports about fishing hidden lake also. Don't miss out.

Ice Shanty Forum is nice but it's just not the same...I know somebody has the power to throw us ice fishermen a bone and give us our own section???Come on it can be an early Xmas Gift.

Default Hey , Brian M

I think you are standing on some thin ice on this one!!! he-he-he

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

hey thats a good idea... Ice and Fly fishing are both seasonal...

Ice fishing is +/- 5-6 months.. fly is +/- 3-4 months...

the Fly guys can post pics of fish they C&R in the summer and then com pair them to the pics of it laying frozen on the ice...in the winter...to see how much they grew

seasonal sub forum....
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

wonderful idea vince......they can also dissect them to see what there eating this time of year and match the hatch....popcorn shrimp and pautzkes eggs! shuld be an easy one to tie up! itll also give AKPM another reason to get up on the soapbox!

Release Lake Trout

Got a good laugh out of that one Vince, almost choked on my coffee!LOL

I vote for an ice fishing forum.

I want a sub-forum for winter spear-fishing, too. Just because.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    hey thats a good idea... Ice and Fly fishing are both seasonal...

Ice fishing is +/- 5-6 months.. fly is +/- 3-4 months...

the Fly guys can post pics of fish they C&R in the summer and then com pair them to the pics of it laying frozen on the ice...in the winter...to see how much they grew

seasonal sub forum....
    seasonal?? how bout half the freakin year? Ice fishing is what fills the freezer. 15 burbot + 2 lakers a day....or 8 ptarmigan? u pick......

with that said.....i think an ice fishing sub forum is an awsome idea....i know im crazy bout ice fishing....maybe a lil too much so. I switch up ice augers like the ladies buy shoes. it'd sure be alot more productive than that darn GD politics sub forum.

I love ice fishing and spend most of the winter months over at www.iceshanty.com in the alaska section. Lots of new posts every day and there are a lot of forum members from here on ice shanty as well.

Looks like we need an ice fishing forum here.

Mainer...ya gettn enough ice for a trip out somewhere? Have never done burbot intentionally through the ice though I did pull one up from 120 fow fishing lakers once. Caught me by suprise .

It'll be a few weeks before I can do much traveling so if you're game it'll give some time for planning.

Quote Originally Posted by TradBow View Post
    Mainer...ya gettn enough ice for a trip out somewhere? Have never done burbot intentionally through the ice though I did pull one up from 120 fow fishing lakers once. Caught me by suprise .

It'll be a few weeks before I can do much traveling so if you're game it'll give some time for planning.
    hey be sure and let me know too! ill help split the costs! Ive been wanting to ask Mainer if I could accompany him on one of his famous Skilaker forays. Theyr quite elusive. But anyway im always ready to go fishing.

Release Lake Trout

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt&FishAK View Post
    hey be sure and let me know too! ill help split the costs! Ive been wanting to ask Mainer if I could accompany him on one of his famous Skilaker forays. Theyr quite elusive. But anyway im always ready to go fishing.
    ill keep yah guys in mind. i too won't be out for at least another week or so. BUT.....im on 48 days of vacation!! I do have to drop the track on the widetrak for a new set of runners and new driven-shaft bearings. so as soon as that work is done (prob. on the first) i should be good to go for a good 3-4 day trip. keep me informed guys.....i just got back in town

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    The fishing forum seems to naturally ebb and flow with the seasons. This time of year there are a lot of ice fishing threads, and when spring comes it will reverse course. We haven't seen the need, as this forum fits the bill for both ice and ice-free fishing.
    I get your point on the seasons, however you already have dipnetting and flyfishing sections which could be lumped into a general fishing forum as well. I would argue that ice fishing is even more of a specialty sport who's participants are as fanatical than those toting flyrods. Just my opinion.
    "If your not the lead dog.... the view never changes"

Well, I'm not above a little bribe....*ahem*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast