Thread: Bear Restrictions?

Default Bear Restrictions?

Maybe someone here can answer my question?

What's the regs. as far as shooting a grizzly in a 1-Griz/year location, and then shooting another grizz in a different location?
    For example, 1 in the interior of spring 06', then 1 in the Kodiak area Spring 07'?

Or about that 1 bear/4years, same scenario, I just don't completely understand how that works if they locations are different?
    Thanks, Good Huntin!!!

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, as I don't have the regs right in front of me, but... I think the way it works is that if you shoot a bear in a 1 every 4 years area, then you are only restricted from hunting in another area with the same restrictions during those four years. If you take one in a 1/year area you are fine to hunt in any other area the following year.

Is this right? Someone with a little more experience should chime in here.

-Brian

Default Bear regs

If you shoot a Grizzly/Brown bear in a 1 every 4 area this year then you can only hunt griz/browns in a 1 every 1 next year. If you kill one in a 1 every 1 this year, then you can hunt in a 1 every 4 next year or a 1 every 1 again next year. That was the way it was explained to me by both F&G and AST a couple years ago. My one buddy had a killed a griz in 26B prior to the draw and when it was a 1 every 4 area and he could not hunt the Peninsula till 4 springs later, however 26 changed the regs last year and reopened for residents in the spring without draw and was made a 1 every 1 area which allowed him to hunt this spring on the Pen. Hopefully that did not confuse you.

Default Thanks

Alrighty, thanks guys...
    I'll be search to do some type of research on this just to be sure, thanks again.

Default Bear limits.

Check page 25 of the 2005-06 regulation book. The regulatory year runs 1 Jul to 30 Jun, which is why you can take a spring bear and then a fall bear but can't take a fall bear and then a spring bear in the same 12 month period.

Default tissues

I am the only one who gets a nose bleed reading hunting and fishing regs! Here in Minnesota I think they have a competition to see how hard they can be to desypher...... I never go out on a lake without the regs with me.... Fortunately since we don't have catch and release for whitetail I don't worry about that to much....