Thread: Big buck for Douglas

Default Big buck for Douglas

Buddy from work got this guy a week and a half ago on Douglas. Very large deer for Douglas. Saw another pic of it hanging and the body is pretty big too. He said it weighed 170lbs if i remember right.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thumbs up

Nice looking buck!
    http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...0junk/reag.jpg

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Before taking any of my advice for granted on here research the legal ramifications thoroughly I am not the Troopers nor am I the Judge that will be presiding over your case/hearing. Please read the hunting and sportfishing regulations and feel free to interpret their meaning on your own.

nice buck, I'm dying to do some deer hunting. Thats the only thing I miss about the midwest.
    Paul

Default Cool

Very good. I knocked over two yesterday and just had an all around great day in the woods. I was able to sneak around and pass on a few and ended up with two fatties. They both will be a nice addition to the freezer.

The deer on Baranof are officially rutting hard. At the dock a boat came in with six bucks on the front deck between two guys. Three were real smashers.

Default !

Bighorse,
    Well done on your sneaky skills! If you don't mind me asking, where did you have such luck on Baranof? I've been out quite a bit but haven't had as much luck. Spent this morning inside the Cascade Creek valley, with tons of sign and fresh tracks but nothing moving. Tks,

Default North

On a public forum I'll only go as far to say I was north of town and I accessed it via my skiff.

The deer are moving and the majority are not really high with this snow. I went up to a traditional rut zone where in years past I have found bucks getting stupid at 800'. There was only one buck up there as indicated via the fresh snow tracks and the tree he just got done thrashing. I guess one buck is good enough if you find him but down low just inside the trees the deer were running hard and the tracks much more numerous. If I was near town I would work over Indian River or Blue lake and I'd say that on a public forum because it's already very accessable and folks do haul a few animals from those locations every year.

There is alot of luck durring the rut and sometimes the animals will just be a complete suprise to you and you'll find em in weird spots. Thats the beauty of it.

I appreciate it. Good info. Good luck with the rest of the season!