Thread: Can't order Size Die

Default Can't order Size Die

I was going to order up some cast bullet sizing dies (Lee). The nose first sizing sounds good and then pan lube or lube in a regular Lyman or RCBS die. Not to be. I filled the order out (Midway USA) and it kept coming up UPS not available. Was this because of the liquid Alox included in the sizing die kit? Will I have to have them sent to a friend outside, have friend remove the liquid Alox repackage and remail? I notice the lack of Lee loading equipment on local basis. I was looking for lee stud and cutter for the brass trim dodad they sell. Is this because Grace Co are the only wholesale dealer here in Alaska and they don't carry Lee products?Kind of a challenge when we are at the end of the tracks so to speak. I have received liquid product by mail (EZZEX) bore cleaner. This was from a seller on evil bay. I got 3 four ounce cans which were each enclosed in an seperate small plastic bag. I got the impression that they met what ever rules the post office has. I have attempted to find out how i could ship/receive liquid in the mail with less than satisfatory response from our local postal Komrades. or I could just order the size die kit from some seller on evil bay and I am sure they would put it in a flat rate box and send it right out. Slightly inflated price, 19.95 plus shipping. Rant done.

Default long message

Sorry about the long post with no paragraphs or page breaks if someone could send me a message about how to paragraph !!!

I too tried to order one of the Lee sizing kits togeather with a bunch of other stuff from Midway. I had the same thing happen, no USPS shipping only UPS at high prices. I dropped the sizing kit from the order and got USPS as a shipping option. So I think you are correct the Midway computers must think they can not ship Alox.

I did not try but it might be worth calling Midway and placing your order with a person. They might be able to over ride the computer. I do not know the rules for shipping but I can't imagine why USPS would not take Alox.

Try ordering straight from Lee. Their prices might be a little higher-MSRP without any discounts, but I've always paid less for shipping than it cost Lee to ship to me!

Default Shipping

Had the same problem, Midway will not ship liquid Alox USPS to AK. I also tried ordering by phone, which didn't help, had to drop the sizer from the order

Default No problems in the past

I ordered some about a year ago with no problems - they must have changed since then.

Mountain View has some Lee stuff in stock including some molds if I recall. They may have the liquid lube. Don't know where they get it from.

The big lost to us reloading and shooting guys was when Long's Drugs pulled out of town. If there was only some way to bring them back!
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

Default Lee trimmer stuff

I have gotten several Lee stud/cutters from Sportsman's Warehouse recently. Not a whole lot of other Lee product in town.

Try Midsouth http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/

They are my mailorder of choice for reloading components. Typically better prices than midway, and much better shipping. They'll use USPS flat rate shipping boxes, which really saves you when you order alot of bullets.

The lee sizers work well, but hand or pan lubing looses it's alure after a couple hundred bullets.

Graff and Sons pays for the shipping even to Ak. I haven't looked for any Lee stuff in a while though. I order my jacketed stuff thru them.
    It might be worth a try.

Default Flat rate

Midway finally starting using flat rate for shipping some months back. They do charge for the large box even is you only order a set of dies but it is still cheaper than UPS. They will also do parcel post for light bulky items.

Gaf and Sons in MI? http://www.grafs.com/ will also do flat rate and has some inexpensive brass for odd calibers like 8mm Lebel and 6.5 Jap that others do not carry.

Midsouth is indeed also an excellent choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul H View Post
    Try Midsouth http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/

They are my mailorder of choice for reloading components. Typically better prices than midway, and much better shipping. They'll use USPS flat rate shipping boxes, which really saves you when you order alot of bullets.

The lee sizers work well, but hand or pan lubing looses it's alure after a couple hundred bullets.
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

Default Graf & sons

This was posted while I was doing my earlier post.

When I ordered from Graf a couple of months ago they didn't offer free shipping but they did drop their handling standard charge- or what ever they called it - and shipped flat rate at actual cost.

Check out Graf for brass if you load a 8mm Lebel, 6.5 or 7.7 Jap, 6.5 x 55, etc. They have some excellent pricing on a number of odd calibers compared to the Norma stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by AkMike1 View Post
    Graff and Sons pays for the shipping even to Ak. I haven't looked for any Lee stuff in a while though. I order my jacketed stuff thru them.
    It might be worth a try.

Here is another good one.
    Third Generation Shooting Supply
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

I usually order Lee stuff from Lee because the postage is cheap; they sent me the Alox as well, when others did not...

I bought a bunch of casting equipment from http://factorysales.com/ this past summer--- pot, moulds, handles and a couple sizing kits with the Alox. Great prices and Lee has them as a recommended retailer on their website.

Try weidners, have had good luck with them.

Thank you everyone for all the good suggestions. I don't hear well so the computer is a godsend when ordering stuff from America. I just ordered the lee bullet sizer die from Midsouth Shooters Supply. Every thing seemed to go OK and they say the items will be shipped Priority Mail. Thanks again everyone.