Thread: Hunter Almost Shoots His Partner

Default Hunter Almost Shoots His Partner

I was looking around on utube. How you feel if this happen to

you.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdcwZNMdBhE

Wow...that made me cringe just watching it. Kudos to the guy for keeping his rifle out of the dirt during his tumble (and likely soiling of his underpants). This is a good example of guys getting caught up in the momment and not keeping their awarness of their partners. Looks like this guy got really lucky.

I looked really hard, but I couldn't tell if one of the shooters was a certain bald politician...

Default scary

Quote Originally Posted by littleman81 View Post
    Wow...that made me cringe just watching it. ...
    I cringed all 10 times I watched it. Wow.

Default good find

That is one of the scariest examples that I ever saw. I think that I would have put a hurting on mister trigger finger. I think that parents on this forum could use this to help our next generation of sportsman.

the camera view made that hog look huge.

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

Default one or two shooters?

Quote Originally Posted by tboehm View Post
    ...I think that I would have put a hurting on mister trigger finger. ...
    I think there are two Mr. Trigger Fingers. Hard to tell it happens so fast, but from what I could see:
    - uphill hunter took three pistol/rifle shots downhill with his downhill buddy ONLY something like 2 to 15 degrees away from bullet trajectory
    - uphill hunter probably felt a strong need to shoot both because it was coming virtually right at him, from close, at high speed, and also because it was coming right at his buddy behind him (who who didn't have a clear shot and chose to not shoot)
    - then downhill hunter while falling fires shotgun uphill into boar at very close range toppling the boar, with his uphill buddy directly in his line of fire. So likely the boar absorbed the entire shot that would have seriously hurt uphill hunter?

I watched and saw somebody in the heat of things reacting by shooting a hog that looked like it was going to get his hunting partner. This is just like that charging lion video. People react and sometimes things go wrong. The same reason we have friendly fire accidents in the military and police.

It'd be interesting to hear the thoughts and reactions by those involved. This isn't exactly one of those situations where you shoot at your buddy 400 yards away because you thought he was an elk or saw movement.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

I tend to agree with you doug. Boars kill and injure plenty of people each year, they are no joke!
    I agree there are two shooters, the quick reports from the pistol then the second guy up hill fires. It is hard to see him fire but you can clearly see him reloading just as the vid comes to an end.

Default scary

Boy that had to have been scary for that poor guy. Both almost getting shot and having that hog chase him had to have sucked!!!
    Ryan from Wasilla

I agree that I would not want to be in either of their shoes but I feel that it was a defense instinct rather than a hunting instinct that brought this situation into play.
    Pretty scary!