Thread: Profish-N-Sea Charters

Default Profish-N-Sea Charters

Does anyone have any information about Profish-N-Sea charters out of Seward? I've done some research and from what I can tell they are awesome! Just curious what everyone else thought, or could tell me? Thank You!!!

Default Used them and was happy

I used them 4th July Weekend 2004. My brother and law was in town and wanted to go halibut fishing. We were already planning to be in Seward for the 4th, and so I booked for an all day charter. They were able to accomodate us, and placed us on one of their overflow boats (i.e. another charter service that subcontracts, if thats the right word, for them). The day started out not so well, we sat on the dock with the other clients, waiting for more 45 minutes for the Capt and mate to show up. Once they did though, we were in the boat and out of the harbor quick. The captain and mate did a good job and were pleasant guys. They put us on good fish, several 40-50lb halibut and a couple bigger ones. Lingcod and rock fish as well. Despite the slow start, I was happy overall with the service and would not hesitate to use them again.

Thumbs up Pro Fish N Sea

We went out in mid May with them. They were great, we fished non-stop all day. They were very helpful with it being over half of the boats first time halibut fishing. We will use them again this summer. Great crew and captain.

Default Very Pleased

On Memorial Day weekend I went with some family and friends on the 'pro-fish' six pack boat with Kevin as our captain. We had a great time and it was a beautiful day. We fished for a while on the south edge of Montague and caught about half our halibut and several dog fish and lings we put back. We finished up at the chicken hole but that was fast and furious. I was happy that he was willing to try for bigger fish rather than just take us to where the little ones were.

I also went out on the 'swell time' in August (pro-fish also books for this boat) for Silvers. We had a great time and despite the slow fishing managed to pick up our limit of silvers outside the bay. Some friends of mine who visited in June also used this charter and we were all pleased with the services received.

Todd

Thumbs up

Steve and the crew handles all of our Seward stuff for our operation, does a fine job for our guests

They are great. I fished with Captain Ben last August and plan on booking with them in August of 07. I went on the combo Halibut/Salmon trip. We caught silvers plus a 200 and 100 lb halibut and some smaller ones. Everyone caught fish. Not just a boat captain but good fisherman with some humor and personality.

Talking Great

Fished with Steve and his nephew the end of August. Outstanding, I believe Crackerjack is his brother-Inlaw and they are based out of the same office. I'm booking with Steve again but i can't decide on a date!!!

Mark

Fished with them in mid-August. One silver salmon trip (great!) and a halibut/ling trip the next day (awesome!).

Benny was the skipper who took us out on the halibut trip. He's just 22 years old. He got us into a bed of giants. Took a 215, 180, and 4 in the 80 lb. class. Lots of ling in the 40-45 lb class.

Best charter I've ever been on.

Default Thanks

Well thanks for all of the information, that helped me make a few decisions! I have heard all of their captains are great. Thats amazing to me that someone that young can be so good, but I believe it! Sounds like they really know their stuff, thanks for the information ya'll.

Default We had a blast

follow this thread and you can see we'll be using them again.

http://www.pristineventures.com/cgi/...1138059292,s=0

Default Steve & Ben

I've used these guys twice now and am planning on going again this year. Excellent service. Thier newest boat is a really nice ride and Ben and Steve have a great sense of humor.
    Justin
    Justin

Default Profish in style!

I will say this, I have known Steve and Ben for many years and they are the best dressed and groomed charter fishermen in Alaska...Bar none....These guys fish in Style!

Seriously, Steve and I share and office and are competitors (sort of) He is one of the best in town. And check out his hair....perfect....

Default great outfit

After moving to AK five years ago I began researching charters in Seward. Two eventually stood out, Pro-fish-N-Sea and Crackerjack. I've been using one or the other the last four years and not had a bad trip. What I like is that you'll always get a shot at some bigger fish before heading to a "chicken hole" to finish up everyone's halibut limit. Two of us did a halibut/ling combo last July 2 with Steve, and wound up with the two biggest halibut on the boat at 140 and 90, plus a couple of chickens and two lings each. Steve has a couple of jigging rods onboard, which is my preferred method to fish. I jigged all day and caught and released 7 lings in addition to my 2-fish limit. Lots of fun! Sore arms! Gotta love it.
    "The Gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent in fishing" Assyrian Tablet 2000 B.C.