Thread: Screamin Eagle and Mathews Z7

Default Screamin Eagle and Mathews Z7

So I stopped by the new shop on sunday, but they were closed and I didn't take the number down.
    Kicking around the idea of getting a new bow. I have shot the reezen before, I liked but never went through with buying it. Good reviews so far on the new Z7. So wondering if anyone has seen one out there or knows if they have any coming?
    The place was kinda hard to find. Easy now though, was looking for off the KGB, but tucked in a bit off the road.
    Get on the KGB, Going up the slight hill take the 3rd street I believe it was, Parks Dr, turn right. Down the street on the left across from the skidoo place. Nice looking new building. Not out that way much, but want to check it out sometime.
    I hear he has some good inventory. I thought I read something about this place here, but have not seen it again. Any reports?

I shot the z7 today and ordered one right afterwards. That bow makes almost zero noise! Draw was smooth although the bow felt a little stiff, I think in part it was a 29 draw length which is too long for me so the draw cycle wasn't quite right. I was in town and ordered from Bill at Backcountry. He said it takes them about 6-7 days to build and get the bow in the mail. Can't wait, now it is time to sell my switchback xt because at these prices can't justify having two bows.

Steve

Thumbs up

ENVIOUS, Steve. I hear it will set the bow world on fire with respect to smooth draw, quietness, and dead in the hand. I see over on ArcherTalk that even some DIEHARD Hoyt fellas are seeing the light. I just wish Mathews would take a year off from building something new to give me time to enjoy what I've got! I had a guy in my store tell me one time, "I will NEVER own a Mathews! Ever!!" Fortunately he's a good buddy and trusts me, so he shot one. DONE. He's probably gonna read this so I better stop!

Back on track:

I've had a good experience with Screaming Eagle. Needed a "Dead End" string suppressor ASAP and got it the next day. They had a fellow coming to town, so he dropped it off! Amazing.

Any good businessman would / should do that, but that's my experience, anyway.

Taylor

-[]------->

I hope you and your Reezen get a chance to bond before you shoot one of those Z7's........

This is my first new bow, all the others have been used, from the Oneida Eagle, to my FX and current Switchback, so I am exited to be a first time owner of this one. My switchback got me my first big game animal with a bow this year so I was reluctant to trade up, but once I shot the z7 I no longer had a choice!

Steve

I have been watching all the talk on AT as well and I think this may be the year I finally give up my lx. That was the first new bow I have ever purchased and shot almost every mathews since then and just never could justify trading up. It is the most accurate and smoothest bow I have ever shot so we will have to see what happens when I go play around with the z7.
    US Air Force - retired and Wildlife photographer

To follow my photography adventures check out my facebook page

Default Good to have two Bows

You guys that are buying new bows, I would hang on to your previous one, especially if you hunt the Haul road. Its always nice to have a back up bow in the truck way up there, and coldfoot hasn't stocked archery supplies yet. I know some take there own bow press but its a pain to work on a bow up there.

Those were my thoughts exactly. I dont think I could give up the LX anyway.
    US Air Force - retired and Wildlife photographer

To follow my photography adventures check out my facebook page

Default Not sure when

I will go shoot one. 'Cause I know I will end up ordering one! Won't see the need to keep the Parker around, will see. Secondly one I shoot one, then I will want the new gadgets from Wiggy's too. So I may just wait to shoot one till early in the new year. I hate it though when ya get the idea you need something, hard to get it out of the head!

Anyone else have experience out at the Eagle?

Anyone else have experience out at the Eagle?
    Yep. Shot their demo Mathews bows. I liked them, but not enough to run out and buy one. I bought a Ripcoard drop-away. They have a nice range and were very helpful.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Smile shot the Z7

I shot the Z7 and feel it was lost on my inexperence shooting bows. It was set at around 65+ lbs and my mission eliminator is set at 55. So the draw was heavy for me and I liked my mission better. maybe next year I'll have shot enough to see the diference.

havent even been in the game to know about the new bows, but if you need a new one, go check em out. If you have an older one that shoots good, don't fx what aint broke.
    I have the reezen and an old Q2, show me game within 60 yds and its dead...dead..dead. almost 10 years between the bows, and with the proper arrow selection, they are both deadly.
    Only question between the two is shooting larger that moose game or more than 60 yds. on medium game.
    Where is my arrow?

oops, anyway, dont get into ballistics too much. Shoot before you buy and make sure it feels good.comfort and confidence is the key...my wifes set up is 230 fps w/ 350 grn arrows, kills deer without pass throughs, mathews dxt at 45 lbs. carbon force maxima arrows, penetration is only 8-10 inches with rage broadhead ,3blade,25 in. draw but the deer die within 100 yds every time.
    I shoot mathews reezen 7.0 at 65 lbs.27 inch draw, 272 fps w/ 425 grn easton fmj and 100grn g5 sriker, and deer die within 100 yds. every time.
    a hole in the lung is a hole in the lung, hunt with what you can shoot great,...every time.
    Google (kinetic energy arrow) and you will know if your gear is set up for your game....the rest is putting the arrow in the armpit. practice on your feet, on your knees, on your back, in the woods, no mistakes attitude, and you will be successful. Thats my 3cents.

Default Hours or phone number?

I forgot to write these down when I drove by. Anyone have them or an employee visit here?

376-2699
    11-7 m-f
    9-5 Sat

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

i am glad i am way up here... and my bow guy is honest with me...

Vince you said NOT untill you get that bear with your old one.. TOUGH DODIE...... that and he knows i have another kid coimng of age and will buy one for that one any way.....
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here