Thread: argo on steep terrain

Default argo on steep terrain

anybody have Argo experience in the brush and steep hilly terrain. I don't know much about argo's , but they look cool. Thanks Tom

tracks or no tracks?....big difference
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

Default argo

Side hilling , up and down?Top no top?Side hilling with a top with nothing on top no to bad just depends on angle.

Default how do they compair with a ATV

Do they roll over about the same as a ATV and does the tracks make that much diference?

Quote Originally Posted by algonquin View Post
    Do they roll over about the same as a ATV and does the tracks make that much diference?
    You gotta do something really dumb to roll one. I've been running them for quite a while.

They are real workhorses big payload and go anywhere. Not fun to ride or drive, but if you want the ultimate UTV...Argo is a good place to start looking.

Do they roll over about the same as a ATV
    no, not even close....they are very stable...

and does the tracks make that much diference?
    yes, the tracks make it a totally different, much more capable machine

they really suck to ride in as a passenger.....not too bad if you're the guy behind the wheel
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

It also depends on whether you are talking about a 6x6 or the 8x8 a 6by can rollover either going up or down steep grades, if you have to much weight in the rear of a 6by (which doesn't have to be much) you will roll it backwards.

Now if you are coming down a very steep grade and hit the brakes to hard you can flip it forward, I have done both and got away with minor injuries thanks to the back rest of the seat. I have also rolled side ways when traversing a side hill and did not see a big rock hidden in the grass and it was just big enough to send me over.

Now all these accidents occurred in a 6by. I have taken 8x8 up hills so steep you could not even walk up and no 4x4 could get up atleast not without a good run and a lot of momentum, but the 8x8 will just walk right up and then back down just as easy. the extra 2 wheels just make all the difference in the world, it will go up the steepest of hills even fully loaded.

I have not experienced driving one with a loaded roof but I would think this would change the center of gravity, of which they have a very low center of gravity. you can side hill them at a pretty steep grade but they can and will roll if you take them past the limit.

I have seen them with seat belts would not recomend them I was lucky each time I rolled mine that I was able to get out of the way and the design of the argo helps as the seating area gives you a place to hide down in so you don't get the full blunt of the fall. I hope this helps.

It also depends on whether you are talking about a 6x6 or the 8x8 a 6by can rollover either going up or down steep grades, if you have to much weight in the rear of a 6by (which doesn't have to be much) you will roll it backwards.

Now if you are coming down a very steep grade and hit the brakes to hard you can flip it forward, I have done both and got away with minor injuries thanks to the back rest of the seat. I have also rolled side ways when traversing a side hill and did not see a big rock hidden in the grass and it was just big enough to send me over.

Now all these accidents occurred in a 6by. I have taken 8x8 up hills so steep you could not even walk up and no 4x4 could get up atleast not without a good run and a lot of momentum, but the 8x8 will just walk right up and then back down just as easy. the extra 2 wheels just make all the difference in the world, it will go up the steepest of hills even fully loaded.

I have not experienced driving one with a loaded roof but I would think this would change the center of gravity, of which they have a very low center of gravity. you can side hill them at a pretty steep grade but they can and will roll if you take them past the limit.

I have seen them with seat belts would not recomend them I was lucky each time I rolled mine that I was able to get out of the way and the design of the argo helps as the seating area gives you a place to hide down in so you don't get the full blunt of the fall. I hope this helps.