Thread: 40 Mile Caribou Herd Air Charters

Default 40 Mile Caribou Herd Air Charters

We're trying to plan a father-sons fly out for caribou in 40 Mile country. We haven't ever flown out, so we're trying to do some homework. Optimally, we'd like to hunt around late August or the 2nd week of September. Does anyone have any input on the air charters? We've been looking into 40 Mile Air, Quicksilver, and Golden Eagle. Thanks.

Default 40 mile

go with 40 mile but you'd better hurry... they fill up fast. they know the area, the herd and their movements. good outfit to fly.

Greg

Not easy to get a slot with 40 mile, most years they book full with repeat customers. They're a great outfit if you can get a slot; if not, Golden Eagle and Wright Air also have a lot of kudos from people on the forum.

Default 40 Mile

My best friend was dropped off by ******* and he didn't come back for him. He spent 11 days walking out, finally extracted by the troopers : NOT the first time either.
    Choose 40 MILE AIR they have a good rep and seem to provide quality service.
    Last edited by Brian M; 11-17-2009 at 19:24. Reason: business name removed per forum rules
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

Quote Originally Posted by brav01 View Post
    My best friend was dropped off by ******** and he didn't come back for him. He spent 11 days walking out, finally extracted by the troopers : NOT the first time either.
    Choose 40 MILE AIR they have a good rep and seem to provide quality service.

Wow!! are you for real, what the heck did he have to say to them? What about payment I need more of this story if you have it.
    Last edited by Brian M; 11-17-2009 at 19:25. Reason: business name removed per forum rules

Default Not much

Quote Originally Posted by jeff p View Post
    Wow!! are you for real, what the heck did he have to say to them? What about payment I need more of this story if you have it.
    Didn't offer any money back, or an apology, just threw his meat in the dirt and drove off; In front of the troopers too. I'ld put the entire story on here but it's real long and it won't fit. Like 11-12 pages.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

Don't think I feel like walking for 11 days in the prime of the season Was weather, or something, an issue on pickup?

Just a quick reminder that we do not allow the posting of negative comments about businesses. If you'd like to share your experiences, just indicate that and invite folks to PM you. Such info can be shared via the private message system, but not in the public forums.

Default Not Really

Quote Originally Posted by iHUNT View Post
    Don't think I feel like walking for 11 days in the prime of the season Was weather, or something, an issue on pickup?
    According to my buddy he had one night and morning that was rainy and bitterly cold but he walked every day for the next 5 days covering 54 miles across the mountain range between the Goodpasture and Salcha drainages. Finally located by Will Bill Micheals out of Delta ( I believe). He radioed the troopers the location and they got a chopper in for the pick up.
    I mean heck he only went in with a 25 pound pack to start with enough supplys for his 3 day (intended hunt) and 2 days extra rations, just in case bad weather delayed extraction.
    I don't believe I've mad any negative comments on this topic, just stating facts however they may not be to the liking of some people. If you'ld like I would be happy to share the entire article written about this experience. JUST tell me where to post it. It is hunting related.