Thread: Cabin on Green Island

Default Cabin on Green Island

Have any of you guys used or even seen the cabin on Green Island? We're thinking of renting it next spring and I'm just trying to figure out if there is a dock for the boat or if you have to beach it. Also wondering if anyone knows any spots to try shrimping out in that area.
    Thanks in advance for any info.

Anchor in lagoon via Gibbons entrance. Halibut fishing is spotty at best. A buddy of mine has tried shrimping - no luck. Maybe others have had better luck - just my experience.

Green Island's cabin is "wheelchair accessible", if I remember correctly. I was there two or three years ago and remember a ramp down to the water....but I don't think there was a dock very suitable for tying up to overnight, especially with the tides . I'll try to dig back through my pics of that trip and see if I have one that shows anything. In any case, the small lagoon right out in front is very sheltered and a good anchorage.

Default Green Island Chugach National Forest

Here is the printed version of the Chugach National Forest Cordova Ranger District information lit.
    I have all the cabins scanned in 3 files Whittier/Seward, Valdez & Resurrection Trail. If you want a copy PM with a email address I'll share.
    Attached Files Attached Files

be careful with combination of storm and very low tide
    last fall a friend was there boat swung and tide went out boat went high and dry tail of boat lower , as tide returned boat filled with water....very nice boat totaled. not a fun time in dec.
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER

The cabin is great. I was just there 2 weeks ago and it has a new diesel stove. Great view and the anchorage in Gibbins is great. No shrimping to speak of unless you want to run to Baimbridge. I give it a thumbs up.

Quote Originally Posted by smokumreds View Post
    The cabin is great. I was just there 2 weeks ago and it has a new diesel stove. Great view and the anchorage in Gibbins is great. No shrimping to speak of unless you want to run to Baimbridge. I give it a thumbs up.
    Glad to hear they replaced the oil stove, it was shot back in July. If you go arrive on a high tide to unload in the lagoon, else youíll be dragging it up the beach. Thereís a cistern with water but donít drink unless you bring a pump filter.
    Shrimp no, but youíre out there in striking distance for various other options.
    Jay
    07 C-Dory 25 Cruiser
    OurPlayground.

I hate it there; it is a waste of your time......Try somewhere closer to Valdez.....Just kidding

Thanks for the info guys, I'm looking forward to the trip (weather depending of corse). Its a week or so after I get back from a bear hunt on Kodiak so it will be nice to relax out there and do some fishing.
    AK Nimrod, sorry to hear about your buddies boat, nobody should have to deal with that.