Thread: 1997 Polaris Indy Trail touring Sled

Default 1997 Polaris Indy Trail touring Sled

I just purchased one and am a novice snowmachine person, and was wondering if any one has any manuals or info so I can go through the sled to get warm and fuzzy with it before venturing out in the snow.. Aslo thinking about getting a tow pintle on it to pull a sled, and any info would be great.. Thanks in advance for any advice..

You should be able to find owners manuals from the local dealer. The other option is Ebay.

You have a fairly simple, easy to opperate sled. The best way to learn about snowmachines is to ride with someone else that has experience. Have them show you how to change belts and what to look for in regards to wear items. If I wasn't so far away I'd volunteer...
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Default Thanks for the offer..

I appreciate it, I am excited to get out and ride some trails..

Thumbs up 97 I had one of them!!!!

They are a great 2up Trail machine! Just watch for over heating on hardpack, and there is a fix!!!! A good set of scratches and your set for all the trails you want to cruse. And that way you will be able to tow a sled with no problem. Not much for powder, keep your speed up and stay close to the trails! Have FUN with it!!!
    Let me know if I can Help!

Hope to see you in Willow!!!
    Trail Boss
    Willow Trail Committe
    ALASKA'S Winter Park Cabins
    To boldly make trail where no man has gone before!!!

Default Book

http://www.polarisindustries.com/en-...ages/Home.aspx try here down center 6 o"clock of page you will see manuals, You will have to sign in. I also had a machine without the book and downloaded it from here, Came in PFD , Then hit print and wow!

They don't have any older machines manuals on the Polaris website. If your mechanically inclined you might get some useful knowledge out of looking at parts breakdown diagrams. It gives you an idea of how your machine is put together so you can better visualize problems. Here is a great site for OEM and aftermarket parts. They show parts breakdown diagrams too.

http://www.polarispartshouse.net

I guess if I looked a little better I would have seen the parts breakdown on the polaris website. It's there you just have to click around a bit.
    That's what she said...