Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big bull on Ft Rich

Default Big bull on Ft Rich

Don't know if this has been posted on here or not but what a nice bull.

http://www.adn.com/outdoors/hunting/story/1015960.html

Default WOW

it sure is a nice one....great to see someone so excited about the hunt and then see the hard work pay off. Congrates to her

Thumbs up

That is one of the best articles I have read in the ADN. Good job Lisa that is an outstanding moose!

Thumbs up

A candidate for the "Extreme Huntress" that is for sure. But..of course..she is from Wasilla. The Wasilla gals always just seem to be head and shoulders above the rest.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Thumbs up Wow

Well I have seen so decent racks on Ft. Rich, but I didn't think that any of them topped 60".

I wish there was a pic of the couple and the moose just to see it.

Great job Lisa.

if you click the picture of her with her Muzzie, it should pop up with 3 more pictures, the moose pic doesn't make it seem extremely big..

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

Default Great job Lisa.

Excellent bull and with a smoke pole! Congratulations
    Even a jackass won't stumble on the same stone twice.

It's a decent moose, but I doubt it will score well. For big scores you need big palms and these are just average. Not many points either. Way bigger than anything I've been a part of, though.

Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Congrats to Lisa! Great write up by the ADN.

Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    A candidate for the "Extreme Huntress" that is for sure.
    Beat met to the punch. Heck, at least she didn't dress it up. Nice moose. Congrats.

Funny how many times I have hunted my butt off unsuccesfully and ended up seeing something from the truck like that! Awesome moose for sure!

Default Nice

Congrats on a fine animal. Great story and great pic.

Blue Moose

Default Come on now

Quote Originally Posted by wldboar View Post
    Beat met to the punch. Heck, at least she didn't dress it up. Nice moose. Congrats.
    For the love of god stop, I'm surprised this crew isn't hammering her for sitting on it... You guys rode the horse on the other thread and the horse is dead... So give it a rest... On another note nice Bull...

That was rebecca.

Each antler is probably in the upper 60s, low 70s so it probably scores around the 200" mark. He would have score a little bit better previous years as he lost some points on the top of his palms but he's still a cool bull and I would have dropped him like he was hot.

Default Here Here On That!

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    For the love of god stop, I'm surprised this crew isn't hammering her for sitting on it... You guys rode the horse on the other thread and the horse is dead... So give it a rest... On another note nice Bull...
    That is a great story and a really nice Bull to boot! Why dirty this thread-up with a bunch of childish comments! Heck I have been letting the little ones walk for three years hoping for a Big Boy! Congratulations to the Lady on a Great Moose.
    Louis

I had the pleasure of meeting Tom and Lisa before their hunt. She was so excited about this adventure. Congrats to her for showing up her ol' man!
    What an awesome pair they are, funny and always making jabs at each other. What a great story to tell for years to come I can only imagine Tom's side of the story.
    Jess
    Bait Em 907
    Bear Bait & Moose Lure Company
    www.baitem907.com
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bait-E...56572604387163

Quote Originally Posted by cusackla View Post
    That is a great story and a really nice Bull to boot! Why dirty this thread-up with a bunch of childish comments! Heck I have been letting the little ones walk for three years hoping for a Big Boy! Congratulations to the Lady on a Great Moose.
    Louis

Me dirtying the thread your buddies are the ones making snide remarks not me and i just pointed it out... You get all upset if i remember right you guys are the ones that were repsonsible for a thread going completely south... Again Nice bull

Default 323

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    Me dirtying the thread your buddies are the ones making snide remarks not me and i just pointed it out... You get all upset if i remember right you guys are the ones that were repsonsible for a thread going completely south... Again Nice bull

323 I quoted you in support of your comments. You comments were spot on. I was referring to the childish comments of others and supporting your call to stop. Here Here!

Sorry for the confusion
    Louis

I don't see it as close to a "record book" moose but, it is a **** nice bull all the same.

Well done!

As a side note, the second thing I noticed about that critter is its body size, huge rack, small body.. or so it appears ( and the statement of 400lbs of meat in the end as confirmation) in the photo. Anyone else notice ?

I always thought it somewhat interesting how a smaller bodied bull would sport such large headgear. Funny how genetics and nutrition influence things so dramatically.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast