Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: O BOY!!! another HOT issue for BOG 2010

  1. #1
    Member Vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time
    Posts
    8,989

    Default O BOY!!! another HOT issue for BOG 2010

    DENALI PARK BUFFER ZONES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    lets make it






    BIGGER!!!!! EVERY ONE!!!!!!!!!!
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

    meet on face book here

  2. #2

    Default

    As if they aren't big enough?? I mean you never know when one of those DNP wolves will make an appearance in TOK or McGrath.

  3. #3
    Member Vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time
    Posts
    8,989

    Default

    the buffer zones are up again this year as the BOG said they would not look at it again for five year...

    the Denali Citizens council already has a ton of signatures to attach to the prop..


    the Lower Nenana/Healy Ac will be writing a Props to do away with all buffer zones.. the point was the line is the line.. as witnessed by Jeff kings case.. they give us NO BUFFER Zone... again this is based around the tourist dollar and park visitors see wolf on the road into Denali during the summer month..
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

    meet on face book here

  4. #4

    Default Ridiculous!

    I think the park is plenty big enough. Get rid of any buffers there are. We already have enough land "off limits".

  5. #5
    Member Matt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    3,410

    Default

    Really? Dang, was hoping they would shrink the park a bit and open up some more hunting opportunities. I could care less what tourists or whoever might think...

  6. #6

    Angry

    Am I the only one to have hoped that this nonsense had been gone down in a burst of flames. Seems as though there are always more waiting in the wings to carry on.

    The Parks have boundries, let them stay within those boundries. Alaskans have been royally bent over by the Parkies. I say if you live outside those boundries, you should not be doing anything for the Parkies. Don't sell them gas, don't rent them a house or room, don't sell them food, don't do anything whatsoever that will help them live in the communities they want to control and destroy. It is just that simple, but far too many will compromise their values for the almighty dollar. I know who those are and I boycott them when possible.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  7. #7
    Member sayak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Central peninsula, between the K-rivers
    Posts
    5,790

    Default No surprise there

    If anyone has been under the illusion that the Federal Government doesn't want all of Alaska to be a big park, they are are sadly mistaken.

    Environmentalists from the lower 48, and the droves moving up here, see Alaska as being their eco-playground. Old guard hunters and fishermen are in the way. Force them out, increase the size of the parks, refuges and reserves incrementally, and the gortex and gorp crowd will have free reign for taking their pictures and petting their wolves.

  8. #8

    Angry

    Quote Originally Posted by sayak View Post
    If anyone has been under the illusion that the Federal Government doesn't want all of Alaska to be a big park, they are are sadly mistaken.

    Environmentalists from the lower 48, and the droves moving up here, see Alaska as being their eco-playground. Old guard hunters and fishermen are in the way. Force them out, increase the size of the parks, refuges and reserves incrementally, and the gortex and gorp crowd will have free reign for taking their pictures and petting their wolves.
    Alaskan's could starve them out, but they won't. Too many want the pennies that fall out through the holes in the tourists and Parkies pants pockets. Who would have ever dreamed that Alaskans would stoop to such low values? If I have to go into a business that caters to those groups, I make it a point to not brush my boots off before going inside, spend as little as possible, do not be my cordial self and pretty much all around let them know by my actions that I disapprove of what they do.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  9. #9
    Member sledhands's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    244

    Default Why Not.

    Why shouldn't a company from South Africa not hire a guy from India purchase a bus in Germany ship it on a korean ship to alaska. Fly the guy from India to alaska so he can drive the german bus in a national park and charge tourists. That way an English company can sell huge quantities of alaskan crude. Lets give them as large of an area here to operate in too. That way a couple of 48ers can sell some donuts when the money bus rolls by. I mean isn't that what helping alaskans to corner the tourist dollar is all about. Spread the wealth guys we need bigger buffers. Cause alaskans must be getting at least 1% of that pie. If we want more in state revenue we need a bigger pie for our neighbors to carve up and spoon feed our economy. It is so OBVIOUS

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •