Thread: ball park price

Default ball park price

i was wondering if you guys could give me a ball park price on these gc boats i relly like armstrong marine but your looking at about 500,000 for what i want just wondering what you guys have spent on your boats.

Quote Originally Posted by akscotty View Post
    i was wondering if you guys could give me a ball park price on these gc boats i relly like armstrong marine but your looking at about 500,000 for what i want just wondering what you guys have spent on your boats.
    What do get from Armstrong for $500K? Wow!
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

it must be around or larger then 40'x15 pilothouse very nicely setup.

Quote Originally Posted by FISHFACE View Post
    it must be around or larger then 40'x15 pilothouse very nicely setup.
    Cat, right?

yea it is a cat 40ft twin inboard cats raised pilot house i saw one in soldatna its called the arctic circle it is a 36 foot and just thought thats what i want i would buy that over a house any day but from what i hear the gc is a very sea worthy setup and i would like to get on the water sooner than later and half a million could take a while to pay off

I suspect that Armstrong would have you on the water next spring if you ordered right now. My GC took 2.5 years from the time I signed the paper work to delivery. Nice boat, but the wait took its toll.

yeah i think you can get a better price then that. I know a couple charters with the exact same hull as that, that weren't even close to that number. It took them a little over 2 months start to finish on my boat last spring, but I think they have a few more boats on the floor now. I don't think GC makes a boat even close in that size range you described. Armstrong has another hull they call it a 34x13 or 14', it is a lot cheaper then the one you described and is still a very large boat. Spoiled One knows a boat with that hull and I think it's in Whittier now called the "offshore hunter"
    good luck

Call Joe Beck @ Armstrong and tell what you're budget is and go from there.
    Last edited by FISHFACE; 11-17-2009 at 19:53. Reason: corrections

Default Different Numbers

OK, let's try something on a smaller scale (ballpark) for the heck of it. Can you get a 29x10 with descent electronics for, say, less than $120,000? How about a 28x9or10? Just to get a general idea what these things go for? I see some used boats that are pretty pricey. I would think a brand new Glacier Craft would be a pretty high ticket item. I understand how you configure the boat makes a difference. Thanks.

Less than $120K would be tough, even bare bones. There is a Seawolf listed on CL right now for $129K in that size range. That is a bargain! I suspect that you could get into a 27 x 9.5 for $120K. Enjoy the ride.

Default The Ride

Spoiled One,
    Could you please be so kind as to define "Enjoy the ride" ?????

Quote Originally Posted by spoiled one View Post
    Less than $120K would be tough, even bare bones. There is a Seawolf listed on CL right now for $129K in that size range. That is a bargain! I suspect that you could get into a 27 x 9.5 for $120K. Enjoy the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Kidless View Post
    Spoiled One,
    Could you please be so kind as to define "Enjoy the ride" ?????
    Hope you like kool aid.

thats alot cheaper than i would have gussed i figured a gc would be well in the 200k range what kind of distance have you guys run in your gc's

Quote Originally Posted by akscotty View Post
    thats alot cheaper than i would have gussed i figured a gc would be well in the 200k range what kind of distance have you guys run in your gc's
    I have three 135 gallon tanks that actually hold about 125 usable gallons. I get between 1.3 and 1.7 statute miles per gallon at 30+mph. These boats are tanks! When I looked into the Seawolf and Armstrong Marine boats I would have been well over $200K, but I would have been on the water a lot sooner. Weigh your options and do your research.

Buy the Armstrong Cat is you can afford that kind of bank........I went a charter in Seward (Tia Rose) and it was beyond description. Talk about fast and smooth. It was an awesome charter. There is no comparison between a mono-hull and a cat.

there are 3 GC's on Craigslist right now - 2 finished & 1 unfinished. if i remember right, they run from $155 unfinished to $280 finished.

I was just going to say the same thing. In the last few days there have been several of them come up. Looks like some pretty good deals to be had. They range from 155K to 249K.

You can thank us for letting you know by giving us one of the first rides. Much appreciated

with 2.5 to 3 year delivery times how does gc stay operating?why do people put up with it?