Thread: Kodiak fox calling

Default Kodiak fox calling

Devoted two full days of an 8 day deer hunt to calling critters. The two silver's came in together, partner got the big male and left the other for me. Had a great time, my absolute favorite place to call predators.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0390.jpg   IMG_0421.jpg  

Default Congrats

Nice fox man so when you where calling what hours of the day was all of the action happening.
    Early to bed
    Early to Rise
    Fish all day
    Make up lies

Default What gun

Hey what gun did you use? I was at Zacher Bay last November. Saw several fox but had a 30.06 Thought I'd make a mess of them so I held off. Kodiak is amazing. See any bears?

Quote Originally Posted by Rising_Creek View Post
    Hey what gun did you use? I was at Zacher Bay last November. Saw several fox but had a 30.06 Thought I'd make a mess of them so I held off. Kodiak is amazing. See any bears?
    Last Fox I shot was with a 30.06...no damage whatsoever because I used FMJ on Fox.Nice hole in and just as small coming out.

Kenai pen, in summer. Matsu vally in winter

Nice picture. There are so many fox over there. One time i shot a fox over there and when i went to pick him up there was two i didn't even see the other one when i shot. They were both black cross i had a nice hat made out of them........

Mornings and evenings before 10am and after 3pm seemed best. I was shooting a .243 win with an 80grn fmj for fox. Partner had a .223 we saw one brownie but had no issues with them.

The deer hunting was pretty good too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0425.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by plumber View Post
    Mornings and evenings before 10am and after 3pm seemed best. I was shooting a .243 win with an 80grn fmj for fox. Partner had a .223 we saw one brownie but had no issues with them.

The deer hunting was pretty good too.
    Hey man, guess you finally got that thing sighted in! Looks like a nice trip. Give a call when you get a chance, I'd like to here about it. Also let me know if you are interested in some more trigger time. Of course you'll need a little more patience around these parts. Later.

Man, nice fox and great pics too. Congrats!
    AKtrapper26 on T-man

They look like Great foxes. That one big silver looks like a brute! Was this off the road system? We've done some calling off the road, but its never very good. Maybe cause of the time of year we go.

The big silver is the size of some of my coyotes and fat as can be. The best one I've seen yet.

This was not on the road system, I'm sure you'll understand if I dont name the bay we where at but its been my experience that any of the salmon streams are loaded up with fox's too.

foxes are pretty easy to find on most of kodiak, even the road system. while your dressin a deer, you can easily spot a fox within shooting range waitin for its chance to dine on the carcass....i would not advise waiting around for very long on behalf on the brown bears....i have seen a brownie come across a valley from 4 miles away to get to my deer carcass as i was dressing it.....they come fast. when i was about 300 yards from my carcass all the boned out meat on my back, i turned around to look, and he was on it. they sure dont waste time....back on the topic at hand.....we have watched as many as 20 foxes watching us at a time. at nite we would run the foxpro for a while, then shine a red light down the beach....never less than 3 sets of eyes. kodiak is a fun place for sure

Release Lake Trout

Twenty fox's at a time wow guess I'm in the wrong spot.

Quote Originally Posted by plumber View Post
    Twenty fox's at a time wow guess I'm in the wrong spot.
    Yo man, bus is leaving at 7. Be there or be square.

Plumber,
    In that photo with the deer racks is the one a set of sheds? did the buck shed after you shot him?

Congrats on the foxes! I didn't see any when I was there in Late sept. Jealous!

This week last year I was at Zachar Bay Lodge. My first trip to Kodiak. It was an amazing experience. Congrats on the success.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0658.jpg   IMG_0667.jpg