Thread: Snipepod??

Default Snipepod??

What do you guys think of this thing?? I like that is lightweight and packs up small. Also like that you can leave your rifle sling on and take the bipod on and off easily. Plus the fact that you can swap it from rifle to rifle depending on who is shooting. Going to give it a whirl this winter on my 22-250 for predators and see how it goes. If I like it I'll buy the little units that go on the front sling mount on all my rifles. Figure it'd be perfect for helping stabilize shots for both my wife and myself.

https://snipepod.ipower.com/index2.html

It looks great except it doesn't look like it swivels side to side for uneven ground. Trying to kick out one of the legs to level your rifle would be a pain IMO. If they get a swivel on it, I would try it.

Im not seeing any type Of height adjustment... I'm a short guy 5'5"... my wife 6'0 I dont think it would work for both of us..

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

Yeah it looks like it swivels side to side from what I see. We'll see how it works. I like it much better than having a traditional bipod that is heavy and can't use a sling with as well as not as easy to take on and off.

Retyo,

I'm 5'9 and my wife is 5'3 the STX 27 is good for people between 5'5 and 5'11 I believe so I think it ought for you maybe. We'll see if I can get it low enough for my wife to use. If it doesn't perhaps I'll try unfolding the last section of the legs for her to lower it. I'll keep ya posted on what I think of it.

Oh yeah, that guy shooting nearly 600 yrds at a caribou in a 30 mph crosswind is why I bought it btw. I want to be able to shoot like that and all I have to do it purchase this bipod right.

If it does swivel side to side that's great.... I'll wait until we hear your eval

Default Snipepod

I have one of these and have used it for years. It works great and has lasted very well. It has a ball and socket arrangement on the bottom that allows a lot of movement. There is NO provision for height adjustment. You buy it for your size and shooting preferences. I got a 30 inch set to shoot in tundra. Works awesome.

Default Snipepod

I've been using the Snipepod for about 6 years and love it. It is very portable and easy to attach or take off. The only complaint I have is that the velcro is noisy when taking it apart to put on your rifle. The swivel heads make it very easy to get the right height when sitting on uneven ground. I think the standing model would be a little cumbersome with all the pieces to put together every time. John

Cool

...right up there with the STU-POD.

the 411 --- Not very well thought out, nowhere near the quality & stability of a bonafide bipod or good shooting sticks... gimmicky second-rate call this 1-888...

Man, with no height adjustment, I'm thinking a fella might have trouble finding a good place to use this in the snow...

I have a stoney point rapid pivot on my varmint AR and it telescopes in/out depending on how deep the snow is. This enables the rifle to be in a good spot for shooting....

Quote Originally Posted by hunt_ak View Post
    Man, with no height adjustment, I'm thinking a fella might have trouble finding a good place to use this in the snow...

I have a stoney point rapid pivot on my varmint AR and it telescopes in/out depending on how deep the snow is. This enables the rifle to be in a good spot for shooting....
    You basically adjust the height of the Snipepod from what I understand by adjusting how far apart the legs are. The further apart the shorter its going to be. The closer together the higher. Granted its perfect, but I really dislike having a bipod mounting permantely on my rifle and also the majority of bipods are heavy. Not that it matters too much with my 10 lb predator gun, but if I end up likeing it I'll be putting the attachments on my other rifles. We'll see how it works out. A little R&D never hurt anyone....well other than my bank account.

Yeah, this one is a quick-detach also...and you conserve your sling attachment

Ok who makes that one. Pics are worthless without a link

The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

My wife and I used the Stoney Rapid Pivot bipods on our brown bear hunt. They did a pretty good job in that when fully extended they could be used for standing shots and fully collapsed they could be used for seated shots.

I'm kinda liking the Snipe-pod design because you can just not fold out all of the legs and go from prone to standing with one attachment.
    "Beware the man with only one gun; he may know how to use it."

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska_Lanche View Post
    Ok who makes that one. Pics are worthless without a link
    stoney point rapid pivot...
    Link ......

Yeah, this one is a quick-detach also...and you conserve your sling attachment

I really, really like my Stoney Point. I stuff it in a pocket of my pack with the feet sticking up for carry. Rifle still has the sling and is carried in both hands for a quick shot if necessary, and if there's a longer shot or I have some time, it only takes a second (literally...maybe less with practice) to pull the the legs out of my pack and put them on the rifle. One quick push and they're there. I don't have the prone model (prefer to shoot off a pack) but the tall model is plenty big enough for me to shoot sitting, kneeling and standing, and I'm a tall guy. Super light, and super durable. I think mine was just under $50 from the FAI Freddie's.

I was just looking at the Stoney point setup yesterday and figured I would wait to see how this thread developed before pulling the trigger on one of these. The Stoney Point rapid pivot is available at S/W and I think I will have to pick one up as soon as a certain someone is done dressing up my 17hmr. Speaking of dressing stuff up, that Stoney Point would look BA w/ a winter duracoat paint job!

It looks great for snipe hunting
    ><((((>.`..`.. ><((((>`..`.><((((>

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they
    just like to pee a lot." --Capitol Brewery

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    as a certain someone is done dressing up my 17hmr. Speaking of dressing stuff up, that Stoney Point would look BA w/ a winter duracoat paint job!
    Yeah, yeah...You guys are killin' me. There is now snow on the ground and I dont have time to even work on my sled!

BTW, I'm happy with my rapid pivot setup so far. I got it at SW last year when I had some sort of coupon...