Thread: AR-15 Front site

Default AR-15 Front site

I have an AR 15 with a folding front site gas block which is clamped on. I would like to replace it with a standard front site. Unfortunately, the barren was never drilled for a pinned on site. Is there a local gunsmith that can handle tapered drilling process or is there a standard front site post that can be clamped on available?
    Thanks for any info.

Call LU @ the AMMO CAN 272-AMMO good guy!

Hi there, if you need a regular front sight installed bring it in, we do that stuff everyday

not to hijack, but does Wildwest have risers? I have an AR with a standard site and need to put some altitude on my red dot.
    Nurse by night, Alaska adventurer by day!

Quote Originally Posted by akhunter3 View Post
    not to hijack, but does Wildwest have risers? I have an AR with a standard site and need to put some altitude on my red dot.
    why??

Co Witness

I'm guessing he is like me and wants the iron sights to be in the bottom 1/3 of the red dot's window so it's less distracting than co-witnessing both at the same time.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Default Risers

Quote Originally Posted by sdi View Post
    Call LU @ the AMMO CAN 272-AMMO good guy!
    AMMO CAN has the Risers as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ADfields View Post
    I'm guessing he is like me and wants the iron sights to be in the bottom 1/3 of the red dot's window so it's less distracting than co-witnessing both at the same time.
    Well that depends I guess on how you have been trained and the type of optic you use.

Anyway, riser guy, best bet is to come by and lets look at your set up. We usually have ARMS risers which are spendy yet the best.....you can buy cheaper but you get what you pay for I reckon.

Or we have a whole catelog of US made goodies for you AR

Quote Originally Posted by ADfields View Post
    Exactly. If I want to look at the front sight I'll take the red dot off. It's a flattop so the sight gets in the way big time and no, I'm not interested in changing the gas block on this gun, that'll be next time.

Wild- I'll have to stop by...not sure why this would be an expensive piece? Nothing expensive or complicated about it.

Jon
    Nurse by night, Alaska adventurer by day!

Quote Originally Posted by akhunter3 View Post

Wild- I'll have to stop by...not sure why this would be an expensive piece? Nothing expensive or complicated about it.

Jon
    Its all about being made to spec. For example, we had a young feller come in with a AR15 that wasnt cycling. He had a brand X chinese gas block bought from a place that sells cheap parts. He figured he would save $20

It was so out of spec it wouldnt work. So now he is out the cost of the original one, plus the aggravation, plus the cost of the new one.

Buy right. Buy once. And ask yourself whether the place you are buying form is going to stand behind the part and the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildalaska View Post
    We usually have ARMS risers which are spendy yet the best.....you can buy cheaper but you get what you pay for I reckon.

I believe Larue may still be running a program where they will give you one of their mounts as a free replacement for your broken ARMS mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Chisana View Post
    I believe Larue may still be running a program where they will give you one of their mounts as a free replacement for your broken ARMS mount.

I'l have to mention that to my friend in case his A.R.M.S mount breaks on this combat tour. If Larue is right, it's bound to, shouldnt have lasted three tours already

But hey, some stuff gets issued, some stuff gets advertised.