Thread: Good fishing videos of Alaska?

Default Good fishing videos of Alaska?

Hi guys,

I just saw the Doc's post about the 'red gold' documentary. Looks awesome and Im gonna buy it.

It did make me wonder what are some fishing videos about Alaska? Anybody have any suggestions on where I can buy them?
    Any video. Could be about technique, fly fishing, halibut, salmon etc. Doesnt matter.

Fishing is done here in the NorthEast and I am bored.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by sodabiscuit12345 View Post
    Fishing is done here in the NorthEast and I am bored.
    No shet man. Bored to death and only golf is keeping me off the couch.

You still on the cape? If so, shoot me a PM man. We are flying over to the mainland on Tue or Wed of next week. We are heading up to Plymouth to play some golf and have Thanksgiving dinner with pilgrims and indians. No shet. Maybe we can meet up for a beer or something.

As for dvds, check out the Duke Brothers float trip dvds. Mostly focussing on kings, but some dolly and bow fishing, using casting gear. They did dvds of the Holitna, Aniak, Lake Creek, and Talachulitna floats. You will get tired of hearing "Fish on", but aside from that, pretty good dvds and gives good info for anyone wanting to take a float trip on these rivers. Pretty sure they are all for sale in the fishing section on the forum store. Also check Amazon. If not, go to the Duke Brothers website. Nice guys and they will sell the dvd directly if you can't find it elsewhere.

Next Sept? "Be there or be queer".... ha ha... Seriously, maybe bring your brother, stay a while. It is a good time waiting to happen.
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Quote Originally Posted by danattherock View Post
    No shet man. Bored to death and only golf is keeping me off the couch.

You still on the cape? If so, shoot me a PM man. We are flying over to the mainland on Tue or Wed of next week. We are heading up to Plymouth to play some golf and have Thanksgiving dinner with pilgrims and indians. No shet. Maybe we can meet up for a beer or something.

As for dvds, check out the Duke Brothers float trip dvds. Mostly focussing on kings, but some dolly and bow fishing, using casting gear. They did dvds of the Holitna, Aniak, Lake Creek, and Talachulitna floats. You will get tired of hearing "Fish on", but aside from that, pretty good dvds and gives good info for anyone wanting to take a float trip on these rivers. Pretty sure they are all for sale in the fishing section on the forum store. Also check Amazon. If not, go to the Duke Brothers website. Nice guys and they will sell the dvd directly if you can't find it elsewhere.

Next Sept? "Be there or be queer".... ha ha... Seriously, maybe bring your brother, stay a while. It is a good time waiting to happen.
    Whats up Dan!

Left Plymouth yesterday. Was actually off the cape for well over a month now. I think I left the day before you got there in early October because I remember thinking we wouldnt cross paths.

Im up in Newburyport right now. NO fish here. Maybe some mackerel if Im lucky.

As for DVD's, I'll check out this online store. Cant believe I didnt think about that.

Have you ever seen the 'stripers gone wild' or 'secrets of the striper pros'??

I want to try and get those. I hope its more about surf fishing than boat.

I'll check out the sites store. I am also gonna try to find that underwater video of halibut fishing. Dont remember what its called but Ive been wanting to watch it for over a year now.

Hustle and Fish is AWESOME Buy it!

This is good http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...v=523667474459
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Hustle and fish is a good one. Check out RA Beatties movie Nervous waters. Also I have not seen of yet but check out Fishizzle it is made by thesame guy who did hustle and fish

Default Off beat AK humor...

Check out the DVD produced by Tony Davis of Kodiak Custom Fishing Lures...

Rosenberg/Florida
    "Two decades researching and defining fishing opportunities in the Last Frontier!"

Kenai pen, in summer. Matsu vally in winter

I would also check out youtube theres hundreds. look under alaska fishing. I have two small video's on there and there on my web site http://www.tcguideservice.com/index.html
    Lance

Check out the DVD produced by Tony Davis of Kodiak Custom Fishing Lures...

Rosenberg/Florida
    I second that. He's one funny dude.
    Alaska Outdoors Television ~ Outdoor Channel

Default Try this

Oh...almost forgot. Try some of these links...I have a few fishing TV episodes online. I think maybe about 3 full length ones. IN February we'll have plenty online available.

Alaska Outdoors Television ~ Outdoor Channel

thanks guys.
    Found most online.

tdelarm I checked your site several times but was not always able to get full episodes. I think I only got 1. I think it was the one about diving for Ling and rockfish? With a french guy? I dont remember. Maybe I was drinking that night.

Im happy they will be up in February though.