Thread: Anyone have a 480 to part with?

Default Anyone have a 480 to part with?

Anyone have a SRH in 480 Ruger they want to part with?
    I know this isn't the clasifides, but sometimes we have things to part with that we haven't really thought about yet...
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

I know where to get new old stock 480s if you want.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by ADfields View Post
    I know where to get new old stock 480s if you want.
    How about one of the Stainless Bisley Blackhawk 5 1/2 45 Colts? Convertible or not.

Thanks guys, found a used one.
    Vance in AK.

"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Quote Originally Posted by Snyd View Post
    How about one of the Stainless Bisley Blackhawk 5 1/2 45 Colts? Convertible or not.
    They made the Bisley in stainless?
    I don't see any but the stock changes all the time so you can keep looking if you want. They are a huge wholesaler in Prescott Arizona, (my home town) and only sell to their dealer network . . . there are several dealers in Alaska and not all are listed on the find a dealer list.

The place is www.galleryofguns.com and if you order through:
    Rick C. Ellis
    Ak Guns 'N" Stuff in Wasilla

phone: 907-376-6703
    fax: 907-376-9848
    cellular: 907-232-5531

He will give you a great price on anything they have at that place. Rick does transfers for a flat $10 and is a great guy to work with.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Default Gun Broker

I noted on gunbroker last night that there were several .480 SRHs for sale both new and used. One used one in the box had a starting bid of $430 with a buy it now price of $479. I thinkthe new ones were $550 with a choice of barrel lengths.

I was tempted to bid on the used on but couldn't figure out any real need for a .480 since I already have a .500 S&W.
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

Quote Originally Posted by tvfinak View Post
    I noted on gunbroker last night that there were several .480 SRHs for sale both new and used. One used one in the box had a starting bid of $430 with a buy it now price of $479.

I was tempted to bid on the used on but couldn't figure out any real need for a .480 since I already have a .500 S&W.
    Glad you couldn't see a need
    Buy it now was actually $449
    Vance in AK.

Quote Originally Posted by ADfields View Post
    They made the Bisley in stainless?
    Ya, here are a couple pics. They show up on gunbroker and other sites. I'm thinkin one will have to be my next ruger in 45 colt. They were a special run distributed by Accusport and then a few leftovers distributed by someone called Williams. Those had all laminate grips. The early accusports were all rosewood. Also, for a year or so they made the Stainless Bisley Hunter in a 45 Colt. Kind of a rare animal I'm told. I think you can still get it in a 44mag.

Here's a pic of the 41, 44, 45, and 45/45acp, the acp cylinder is in the gun in this pic.

And a couple with the gray laminate grips

I think they only made around 150 of the Bisley Hunters in 45 Colt. Would love to have one. They made something like 750 of the standard grip 45 Colt Hunters.
    Vance in AK.

Saw a lever rifle in .475 that would also handle the .480 Ruger. That would be a great setup for up here. Is that what you're doing, Vance?

Quote Originally Posted by lester View Post
    Saw a lever rifle in .475 that would also handle the .480 Ruger. That would be a great setup for up here. Is that what you're doing, Vance?
    No, I have a 450 Marlin Guide Gun for my lever gun.
    This will be primarily for handgun hunting.
    Vance in AK.

Quote Originally Posted by Vance in AK View Post
    I think they only made around 150 of the Bisley Hunters in 45 Colt. Would love to have one. They made something like 750 of the standard grip 45 Colt Hunters.
    This one sold last month. I wasn't in a postiiton to buy then

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=141898611

Between mentally adjudicated and cybersapce

Default Snyd

Did your rugers come with the cylinder scroll work or did you have that done yourself? Looks like some nice work. Mine has the plain cylinder.

Ralph

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    Did your rugers come with the cylinder scroll work or did you have that done yourself? Looks like some nice work. Mine has the plain cylinder.

Ralph
    Man I WISH those were my Rugers!! I just posted the pics for info sake. But, the roll marks on the cylinders are a factory deal. It's a "Bisley thing".

This one sold last month. I wasn't in a postiiton to buy then

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=141898611
    Boy, that one may have been worth taking out a loan for
    Vance in AK.

Default $449 was correct

My memory was a bit fuzzy - $449 was correct.

Getting set up to load another caliber like the .480 would add enough extra cost so I passed.

Were you the one that picked it up?

Quote Originally Posted by Vance in AK View Post
    Glad you couldn't see a need
    Buy it now was actually $449
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

Quote Originally Posted by tvfinak View Post
    My memory was a bit fuzzy - $449 was correct.

Getting set up to load another caliber like the .480 would add enough extra cost so I passed.

Were you the one that picked it up?
    Yeah, it was me.
    I really shouldn't be getting a new toy, but I'm selling my Fedora TD bow to pay for it, & I have a 10mm Witness full size in Wonderfinish with some extras I'm going to sell too so that will finance all the goodies that go with it like new dies, etc. One of the things I really like about the cartridge is it's use of roughly the same amount of powder as stout 44mag/45 Colt loads. Helps keep the cost down.
    Vance in AK.

Between mentally adjudicated and cybersapce

Default Might have to relook the Bisley's

Man I WISH those were my Rugers!! I just posted the pics for info sake. But, the roll marks on the cylinders are a factory deal. It's a "Bisley thing".
    My next Ruger just may have to be a Bisley. That is some nice work. Adds another realm of interest to the gun. Wonder if theirs anyone in the state that does scroll work.