Thread: Rabbits, Sticks, Arrows and Campfire

Default Rabbits, Sticks, Arrows and Campfire

I used to setup a weekend squirrel hunt in December every year before moving up here. It was great way to network and meet other obsessed bowhunters. Are there enough crazies on here to get a group together and hunt rabbits somewhere within driving distance of Anchorage, Eagle River, MATSU? Pick a weekend and hunt Saturday, camp Saturday night, hunt Sunday morning and then drive home to thaw out. Whatayathink???

Cant overnight on the weekends due to Tracy's work but I might be able to join you for a day trip.
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

Default Weekends

Hey I am interested in doing that. Maybe not the camping part, at least right now. I just moved up to Alaska and still am a southerner, I have thin blood still. I am interested in going for bunnies or any small game and meeting some fellow archers. I try to get out and try hunting at least once a weekend.

Drew

I am interested as well, but don't have any arctic camping gear. Lets keep this thing going.

George

A day trip is OK too. It's more fun to have a group to witness the missed shots...and look for arrows.

That sounds fun. I would be interested in losing some arrows

Chris

I got firewood for the harassment/bonding time...

George

I like the way you think George.

Guess we need to set a date and place. We have Saturdays on December 5, 12, 19, or we can set a date in January. Any preferences on dates or locations?