Thread: Scopeing a glock

Default Scopeing a glock

Specifically a Glock 20! Just thinking about it, have not acted yet! Two scope mounts available. Just wondering if anyone has shot a scoped auto and especially a glock? Would be for hunting of course. Sights are still usable with the mount on. I guess I would only use for tree stand hunting, too heavy otherwise for general carry during the summer and fall, depends if a good holster is available. What do all you think?

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

you realize the scope is attached to the slide and moving back and forth... unlike.. a magnum research that the barrel is stationary?

hmmm follow up may take longer to reacquire the scope then the target?

get a revolver.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    you realize the scope is attached to the slide and moving back and forth... unlike.. a magnum research that the barrel is stationary?

hmmm follow up may take longer to reacquire the scope then the target?

get a revolver.

Nope not at all, attaches to the frame, upfront under the frame-light rail, then back by the trigger area. Slide is free and clear! Only reason I would even consider it.

Smile

There are a few mounts out there... most (if not all) on Glock in this example (even 1911 and many others) are in fact mounting directly to the frame (not effecting the slide) in some configuration to a rail, pins, setscrews, etc.

Not sure where/how Vince was envisioning his slide mounted contraption... that simply would not make any sense - particularly in slide operation/timing/springs and so on.

I think that you'll find a good reason to install this rail/pin combo if it's in 10mm, .45ACP, and heavier recoil stuff or just go with a rail mount on 9mm, .357 SIG & .40 S&W for easy QD. Depends on load energy a bit... as to any true advantage of needing the rail/pin example in the pic.

Good points to the scoping or red-dotting of a pistol/revolver in my opinion are:
    1.) Confidence - knowing your gun and load shoot to POI upon POA.
    2.) The ability to see, define, and pin-point the spot of intended POA.

For these two reasons alone, you'll find your gun 'seaming' to preform on a different level at targets even tho' its potential to shoot was always there.

In your AMMO dept. this would be additional insight with regards to what the gun really likes in terms of accuracy.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

thats okay brian i was not sure what i was envisoning also... had not thought of a shoot through mount.. like that.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

What about something much smaller mounted on the slide like the Trijicon RMR?