Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TC Enore

Default TC Enore

Hi everyone. I haven't seen much on the encore on this site and I just got a good deal on an encore and was wondering if anyone on this forum has one or knows anyone with a .22lr or 3006. How well do they shoot and is it worth the investment?

I have had several encores and currently have a stainless one with 209x50, 30/06, 22-250, and shorty 45/70 barrel. It is a very versatile platform and can be very accurate. I have found that putting rubber washers between the barrel and forearm really improves accuracy. Both the 30/06 and 22-250 barrel will shoot 1" 3 shot groups. I am currently using the 30/06 barrel for michigan whitetail starting tomorrow and have complete faith in it out to 400 yards.

What barrel do you have for your 30.06?

I have a stainless model in 209x50, and a 7mm Rem Mag 26" barrell. The 7 mag barrell shoots very well. The 209x50 barrell will not shoot very well. I called T.C. and they said to mail it to them and they would fix or repair it. I have not took the time to send it back to them yet because I have a knight that shoots real good and don't need it much. The guy I talked to said it had a lifetime waranty so I have not beeen in a hurry. I shoot a 140 gr. Sierra and a 150 gr. Barnes in the 7 mag barrell and it shooots both of them very good.

Haven't shot the 30-06 through one, but I've shot my 7mm-08 rifle, a 15" 280 JDJ#2 handgun and a 15" .375/284 handgun with pretty decent results. The 15" bbls are custom jobs from JDJ and Bullberry and both shoot very, very well. The .375 will make pretty clover leafs at 100yds if I take my time and concentrate on sight picture. The 7mm-08 rifle is factory TC and I think with just minor tweaks like a trigger job, hinge pin upgrades and forend hanger work I should be sub-MOA as it's just over right now with factory Hornady ammo.

I just purchased a TC Encore last month with a 209X50 barrel. Also picked up the pistol frame so I can slap a 410/45 LC 15" barrel on it so both my wife and I can slay the ptarmigan this winter as I already have a 10" 410/45 LC barrel for my TC contender.

I also purchased a 300 WM barrel from Contender Cache as I have plans for packrafting with this gun. I like the fact that I can put the barrel in a flyrod case and the frame/stock inside my backpack rather than having to leave my gun strapped to the outside of my pack when going through the splashy stuff. Then when I want to go hunting I just take 2 minutes assemble the barrel to the frame and I'm good to go.

Still need to get the normal rifle forend as all I have right now is the muzzleloader one with the space for the push rod. I'm hoping Santa will get me that for Christmas. So I'll hit the range with my 300 WM after the first of the year and let ya know what I think of it.

Thanks for the replies. I'm just trying to decide on a 22lr right now for target as well as rabbits and grouse. I see a pro hunter 28" available, but I'm thinking it might be alittle long??? When I called the TC custom shop they quoted me $375 for a match grade 24" and 8-10 weeks! Thats almost to long. I think I will go with a 26" Heavy barrel in 3006 since I already have the reloading dies. I just need more info on a 22lr.

You can try Match Grade Machine, they make custome Encore barrels. I used them exclusively after I purchased my frame. The even have some stuff in stock and aren't too long of a wait if you want to custom order.
    "Beware the man with only one gun; he may know how to use it."

I looked at the MGM website and they said for the 22LR barrel you have to buy a adaptor of some sort to change where the firing pin strikes as opposed to a offset barrel?? The good thing is is they do have them in stk for $395 for a match grade heavy barrel. Does anyone have a 22LR from any of the custom shops??? MGM or Bullberry or ???

by the way... if anyone is interested, the tc website has some mail in rebates on their website. $50.00 for barrels

The only rifle I own anymore is a Encore. Loved my contender too but it was a bit limited in calibers. I currently have a MGM bull barrel on mine chambered in 338 win mag. I prefer 300 win mag but the combo of the Encore frame and a MGM barrel is my "go to" firearm. Unfortunately I have 0 experience with MGM barrels smaller than .270.
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

Rick, How is the 338 MGM barrel? Do you get good accuracy out of it and do you have the pro hunter stk or std?

The barrel is wonderful, great quality, very acurate and they will choose a twist rate for you based on type of shooting you do and preferred load. (I'm much more a bow person)The only down side is it's a major thumper, I would like to reacquire one in .270 for target and sheep. BTW trading and collecting barrels is addicting!
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

I have a 24" T/C factory barrel in 30/06. Just stretched it out on a 300 yrd shot ona nice michigan whitetail tonight. Its the second one shot kill to its credit. The only bad thing about the encore is that with a laminated wood stock its kind of heavy. I need to get a nice light set of synthetic stocks for it.

Yea Rick.... It sounded like a thumper from what I hear. Thats why I'm thinking an 06 w/ a pro hunter stock plus I understand that w/ a 26" or 28" barrel you can accually get very close to the 300wm ballistics? I'll have to talk to you later on bows. I just got into it also.

Congrats Susquash on your whitetail.... You will have to post pics if you have some.

I have a 28" Hvy BBL in 30/06 and it shoots sub-minute angle at 200. I would not hesitate to tak a 500yd shot from a good rest position. I also have a 7mm/08 in a 15" BBL that shoots sub-minute angle at 100yd. I got my 30/06 from Bellum TC http://www.bellmtcs.com . I have a standard Encore, not the pro-hunter. I had to put a hammer extension on it because of my low mounted scope and that caused some misfire issues. I replaced the hammer spring with a hvy spring from Bellum TC and issues went away. I love the Encore for accuracy and being light weight, but it is not my rifle of choice here in AK where some of the aminals hunt me. I prefer a good bolt for quick follow up shots, just in case.
    “Don't expect to build up the weak by pulling down the strong." ~Calvin Coolidge~

I have the Encore 209x50 with the factory barrel. It is very accurate. I can consistenly get 1-1.5" groups at 100 yds. However, from what I have read, Bergara barrels are the best value out there, with most reporting that they are significantly more accurate than the stock TC barrels and they are quite a bit cheaper too. I'm sure the full custom (MGM, Bullberry etc...) are probably better than the Bergara but they cost twice as much. So, if you are on a budget you may want to look into the Bergaras.

bellum apparently does not sell the barrels anymore??? It looks as though he just does custom work on barrels if you send them in. He has links to a couple other sites. I saw a 3006 28" pro hunter fluted barrel for sale for $310. I wonder if they will do as good as the custom ones. I believe the factory says they test fire all the prohunter barrels. Does anyone own one?

I just realized that I had been posting under my dads screen name, I"m down in michigan for a few days. anyway here is a pic of the buck,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast