Thread: who loads the .44 auto mag desert eagle?

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Default who loads the .44 auto mag desert eagle?

does any one have any pet loads that will WORK in the desert eagle... all eagle owner know that some ammo is junk in it and will not fully cycle the bolt. before Murphy took off he gave me some vhit, N 110 to try in it.. and i have some Unique

most importantly he mentioned a few bullets weights that worked best in the auto mag. i am just getting ready to start loading the hand gun stuff and have some mentor time headed this way.

is any one willing t share pet loads they use and have proven work in the .44 Auto loader? i am most curious about bullets over 240 grains working as to what does and don't along with the powder charge to start with...thanks

Desert Eagle like many manufactures does not recommend or offer any reloading data in their firearm lines
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Every boat needs an anchor!

DId you try 23 gr H110 with the xtps?

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

have not tried any yet as i am learning the DE is a pikky eater... i dont want to start with junk and go from there... there is some talk that must have jacketed or the gas ports will plug up.. some talk says hard cast is fine as long as a soaking is in order...

some say 240 max some say 300 max...

i am to new to know...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Default True story

The Desert Eagle .44 mag (not auto mag, a different cartridge and gun completely) was designed to shoot 180 grain to 240 grain jacketed bullets only. Lead bullets, even gas checked ones will clog up the gas port in pretty quick order and cleaning the piece after that is a PITA. When the gun was designed, there were no heavy loads of over 240 grains around. Heavier loads will result in damage to the action.

I like the 220gr Sierra Silhouette with 296. You want to approach a max load for reliable cycling. Might have temp issues in the Real Cold. Shoulder holster inside the jacket?? Have read that some guys shoot lots of cast bullets in their DEs. Might google or try shootersforum.com and highroad.com

Default You can shoot cast bullets

in the Desert Eagle, but as the port is clogged with residue, the firing characteristics of the gun changes until it just won't function properly anymore. It may be that some don't mind the cleaning process. I never cared for the extra hassle or changes in function.

Default Desert Eagle

I sold mine years ago but it cycled quite well with AA#9 (made for the DE) in the 17.5-19.5 grain range with 240 noslers. I would stay away from unique in this pistol due to its' dirty nature. H110, 296, and N110 really need a mag primer and heavy crimp and bullet pull to burn cleanly in the DE. Pay close attention to overall length.

captainkirk

I handloaded for one when I was stationed in Germany in the 1990's. It is a wise idea to stick with jacketed slugs. I used 200-300 grain bullets with no problem though.

aa #9 H4227 296 H110 2400 all worked ok.