Thread: indian quarter

Default indian quarter

most folks know and use a variation of this quartering technique, but thought to post it to show how simple it is...

after removing the loin and neck meat, i "pull" the quarters, trim the ribs and remove the tenderloin. if the organ meat is saved, heart and liver is removed last.
    this whole operation takes about 20 minutes, leaving the bones and guts behind.
    obviously, to save the cape more skinning is needed (but not much). if done with some care this is clean, fast, and saves all the meat.
    happy trails.
    jh

I tried it last year and didn't really like it for moose. It may work well for bou or elk but the long guard hairs of the moose got into everything and made it a pain in the butt. I went back to doing it from the bottom up.

Talking

Pine I was looking at your pictures and noticed the man in the picture with you. I know Scott very well and retired from his department. These pictures were more than likely in the area of the North Fork west of Cody. I was in Cody about a week ago, but missed seeing Scott. If you talk to him, tell him "Hi" from Dan.
    Retirement Plan - Having Fun and Still Learning

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
    Pine I was looking at your pictures and noticed the man in the picture with you. I know Scott very well and retired from his department. These pictures were more than likely in the area of the North Fork west of Cody. I was in Cody about a week ago, but missed seeing Scott. If you talk to him, tell him "Hi" from Dan.
    hi dan; i sure will......... i'll put another pic of scott.
    jh
    happy trails.
    jh

Pine if you get to Alaska I will have a open seat for you and bring Scott along. Scott knows how to get ahold of me. I fish out of Homer in Cook Inlet.
    Retirement Plan - Having Fun and Still Learning