Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sept. 6th until October 6th 2010 suggestions

Default Sept. 6th until October 6th 2010 suggestions

Hi guys,

Im tentatively planning my 2010 fishing trip.
    Ive already got a trip planned to afognak Island from Sept. 16th-23rd.

I wanted to get there a couple of months earlier and work around anchorage but one of my buddies decided to get married on Sept. 4th and ruin everything.
    Well...he's not THAT good of a friend so maybe I can miss it.
    Maybe not.

So now it seems like I will only get to Anchorage on the 6th or 7th of September.

I just wanted some suggestions on what any of you guys would do with the 10 days before my fly out trip, and the 2 weeks after the fly out trip?

I could spend most of my time in Kodiak? Some around the Kenai Peninsula?

Geez I cant make up my mind. Your playground it too big!!! It confuses me!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thumbs up great ideas

Quote Originally Posted by sodabiscuit12345 View Post
    I could spend most of my time in Kodiak? Some around the Kenai Peninsula?
    Those are both great ideas. And you'v got lots of time to nail it down. Should go great!

Maybe you can join us for Troutstock 2010, or part of it.

Fall grayling on the Denali Highway. That would be my first stop. Moose season will be in full swing, but you can get away from crowds by hiking into areas without atv trails.

Quote Originally Posted by DRIFTER_016 View Post
    Maybe you can join us for Troutstock 2010, or part of it.
    When's Troutstock? Sounds fun. and drunk :

Are there going to be silvers around in the kodiak streams or around the Kenai?

Should be around the same time as last year Jonathon.
    If it is we will be able to fish together for about a week or so before you head to Afognak.

There are silvers to be had in the Kenai in September and October.

Like these from last year.

Default Join in Jonathan...

Troutstock??

No doubt man, join the group next year. We will all set up camp right beside Dave's tent. Guess he is scared of the bears or something, he loves everyone drinking and hanging out right beside his tent
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Quote Originally Posted by danattherock View Post
    Troutstock??

No doubt man, join the group next year. We will all set up camp right beside Dave's tent. Guess he is scared of the bears or something, he loves everyone drinking and hanging out right beside his tent
    How are your boots and jeans Dan? Get all the bear snot and tooth marks out of them? Get your tent fixed?

Get all the bear snot and tooth marks out of them? Get your tent fixed?
    Nope

When I heard poor ole Fat Basterd took two shots to the ass I couldn't bring myself to wash his reminants away. It is all I have left of him.

When's Troutstock? Sounds fun. and drunk :
    Jonathan,

If you missed the pics from Fishapalooza, below is a slideshow. The first half are random shots around the Kenai I took and the last half are of the fellas/fish/river....

Great time and the nicest group of folks you could imagine. We will be there next year come hell or high water.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2114408...51000035/show/
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Default no... the Next tent

Quote Originally Posted by danattherock View Post
    ... Guess he is scared of the bears or something, ...
    No no, it was YOUR tent the bears liked remember? He's got nothing to worry about with you there. The bears must think your tent smells better.

Something most folks forgot, Dave was standing right beside my tent where the bear ripped it that morning before we took off to the boat ramp. I figured he dropped some cookies or a 1 lb block of cheese from his fly vest

Ahem, I'm not the one who got the warning notice on their picnic table there Sparky!!!!

Default are you guys serious?

I mean, c'ome on now, get with it. You guys just totally jacked this poor man's thread about suggestions for next year's fishing trip

trust me... I'm all for the comraderie of fishing among buds and new friends alike but you're all hyping this silly Troutstock/Fishapalooza like its the end-all-be-all of fishing .... "be there, or be queer" kinda thing...

sodabiscuit, if you have some time and the means to pull it off, get to Kodiak/Afognak, or any SouthWest/SouthEast drainage for however long you can swing it... especially if you and your buddy whose getting married (or buddies of your buddy) can get there together. it is totally worth it; it could be your trip of a lifetime or even turn into a reunion trip for you and your pals.

... and if the weather totally sucks or you have extra time on the ends you can always join these jokers at the Rainbow Fairgrounds for some jolly good times

feel free to PM me if your serious about ideas or suggestions. too many places to fish, too little time to wet lines...

Question lighten up a bit, eh?

Drifter chimed in with some very appropriate feedback, with great pictures, and a couple of hijacking comments ensued... but how bad is that? Yeah, a bear dropped by 'palooza and remodeled Dan's tent - again, likely very appropriate for the OP to know.

sodabiscuit is looking for options and 'palooza is definitely one to consider.

Who is "jokers" aimed at? Jocko, have you been to 'palooza and aiming this at one or all? Or is this just a herd shot at a large target?

Hey guys,

Dont worry about the hijack. I kind of enjoy the senseless posts on this forum. At least there is no bickering like on other forums.

"What? You want to know where to fish??? You're after my secret spot arent you! F*** YOU!!"

Well, ok, that was exaggerated, but not by much!

Anyways, If I end up to staying on the Kenai, I'd really love to go to Troustock. Ive had discussions with both Dave and Dan on several occasions, seen pics of you guys and your fish, now I just need to shake your hands and drink some beer with you.
    Dan even helped me pick my new lenses for my camera so he can hijack my threads whenever.

Also, Dave, is that the same pic of one silver? Or are they really that fat?? Also, Im shore bound so would I still be pretty successful?

jockomontana, this trip is gonna happen no matter what. The only thing preventing me from going to Kodiak or anywhere off of the Peninsula a few weeks before and after my fly out, is the lack of knowledge. I just dont know where I can go. The afognak trip is already planned from Sept 16th until the 23rd.

Obvious things Im looking for are fish, fishing, and some water with fish in them. IF possible, probably unlikely, but if there could be some fish there, that would be good as well.

I dont mind crowds so much. Met some good people last year fishing shoulder to shoulder. I just wear my glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by jockomontana View Post
    I mean, c'ome on now, get with it. You guys just totally jacked this poor man's thread about suggestions for next year's fishing trip

trust me... I'm all for the comraderie of fishing among buds and new friends alike but you're all hyping this silly Troutstock/Fishapalooza like its the end-all-be-all of fishing .... "be there, or be queer" kinda thing...

sodabiscuit, if you have some time and the means to pull it off, get to Kodiak/Afognak, or any SouthWest/SouthEast drainage for however long you can swing it... especially if you and your buddy whose getting married (or buddies of your buddy) can get there together. it is totally worth it; it could be your trip of a lifetime or even turn into a reunion trip for you and your pals.

... and if the weather totally sucks or you have extra time on the ends you can always join these jokers at the Rainbow Fairgrounds for some jolly good times

feel free to PM me if your serious about ideas or suggestions. too many places to fish, too little time to wet lines...

Plus quite a few of us have spoke with and met Soda so we can hijack anthing thread of his we want. The forum and people from it showed him and rose where the fish were. Did we not Soda????

Man Rule. If you drink beer and share fish stories with a guy you can hijack his thread.

Holy cow. Soda I just hijacked a hijacked thread.
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by alaskachuck View Post
    Plus quite a few of us have spoke with and met Soda so we can hijack anthing thread of his we want. The forum and people from it showed him and rose where the fish were. Did we not Soda????

Man Rule. If you drink beer and share fish stories with a guy you can hijack his thread.

Holy cow. Soda I just hijacked a hijacked thread.
    Watch this Hijack.

Chuck! How are you doing man? Long time to speak. Did you ever re-schedule a trip to Victoria for that Hockey game?

Has anyone ever hijacked their own thread? If not, this is a first.

Ahem, I'm not the one who got the warning notice on their picnic table there Sparky!!!!
    You got me, no rebuttle. You s... *$*#@( @()$ @(%&%& ) )) $*$* $##

Quote Originally Posted by alaskachuck View Post
    Man Rule. If you drink beer and share fish stories with a guy you can hijack his thread. D

No doubt. That must be in the forum rules somewhere

Watch this Hijack.

Chuck! How are you doing man? Long time to speak. Did you ever re-schedule a trip to Victoria for that Hockey game?

Has anyone ever hijacked their own thread? If not, this is a first.

Holy cow yes we did. We are arriving on December 24th this year in the am and staying untill the 29th leaving mid afternoon. We have aces games the 27th and 28th and if you can make it to the area we would love to have dinner and drinks. I totally forgot about us going. Let me know if we can meet up. We have our plane tickets, our condo booked the penthouse suite with the hottub on the deck and out tickets to the game so we are spending christmas in your country buddy
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Hey guys,

Also, Dave, is that the same pic of one silver? Or are they really that fat?? Also, Im shore bound so would I still be pretty successful?
    Soda
    Those are 4 different silvers.
    Shorebound could be a problem, but I'm sure we can find a boat or two about.
    The upper can be fished quite well from shore, I did it for the first couple of years. I even caught a fish or two.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast