Thread: Solatubes

Default Solatubes

Has anybody up here in Ak been using them or have any experience with them? Just curious on how they would do up here with the snow and cold
    -At what point does "against all enemies foreign and domestic" apply to politicians?

Quote Originally Posted by mntransplant View Post
    Has anybody up here in Ak been using them or have any experience with them? Just curious on how they would do up here with the snow and cold
    They work fine. wrap them about six wraps with 6 mil vis queen. That keeps the frost from gripping them and jacking them up. Larger dia. gooder than smaller dia.

solotubes are for roof/ceiling penetrations to let light in the space..they work great...in the summer.

sonotubes are round concrete forms used for columns and pilings. The diameter is determined by the load/ depth and lateral forces upon it. The base of footing should be of sufficient diameter to carry the load given the soil conditions.

They work pretty well for introducing light into interior rooms with no windows but I'm not convinced the expense or effort is justified for residential construction where interior rooms are usually vacant during daytime hours. They make sense in some commercial applications.

My husband used them a lot in construction in the lower 48. He liked them, his clients liked them. They're great for hallways too.
    Alaska, the Madness; Bloggity Stories of the North
    http://cloud9doula.wordpress.com/

Does this shotgun make my butt look big?