Thread: High Rise Seats

Default High Rise Seats

Anyone ever use one of these on their machine. I have a Polaris Edge, saw an add for these and was wondering if they are worth the $400. Seems like it might be kind of nice to sit 3 inches higher.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Rickb1b View Post
    Anyone ever use one of these on their machine. I have a Polaris Edge, saw an add for these and was wondering if they are worth the $400. Seems like it might be kind of nice to sit 3 inches higher.

Thoughts?
    There's no pic but if you're talking about either the Boss, or Wasatch Racing seats it depends on your riding style. As far as quality, both seats appear well made.

The higher seats are popular with the mountain/freeride crowd. I'm looking at the Wasatch seat for my Edge but first I'm going to upgrade my pipe/can.

Yes high rise seats are nice if you have to do a lot of going from sitting to standing. It depends on where or what you ride. the foam is a little stiffer than standard factory foam. (more dense)

I still have a ProX. I had thought about a tall seat but that chassis isn't a rider-forward design and a seat can't change that. If you stand most of the time you may like it but you can expect the sled to ride colder on those days when you want to sit. Mountain Mods is another great seat maker. Maybe the best. A cheaper solution for you might be a stock seat from a ProX-II.