Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Lynx in the lake creek yetna area

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kenai pen, in summer. Matsu vally in winter
    Posts
    243

    Default Lynx in the lake creek yetna area

    I was just wondering if there is very many lynx in the lake creek yetna area. I havent seen much sign from lynx there but it seems there should be some. I seen a nice wolverine from the air the other day and have seen wolves. Any input would be great.....

  2. #2
    Member Huntress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Somewhere between here and there.....
    Posts
    1,173

    Default

    You'll be competing against 3 others that we know of in that area.
    "In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

  3. #3

    Default

    It is best known for martin and wolves. Lynx like areas where a lot of small game are present. Concentrate your efforts where hares are plentiful and you will catch them. Not many hares along the Yentna, but they are in pockets.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kenai pen, in summer. Matsu vally in winter
    Posts
    243

    Default

    I wont be competing with anybody ive been trapping that erea for about 8 years. I havent gotten any lynx i was just wondering if anyon else has.
    Im not On lake creek but a little futher west. I mostly go for marten. Wolverine and fox but i do get a few mink and beaver. I use a small plane to find moose kills for wolves way west. The last few years i have seen alot of rabbits in the area thats why i was wondering about the lynx I havent seen much for sign but you never know.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •