Thread: Trappers that trap on or near lake louise

Default Trappers that trap on or near lake louise

I would like to set a few cat sets out this year up to lake louise but dont want to step on any boots. If you are trapping that area please let me know and I will stay away from that area thanks.

Default while I don't trap there

I know of A LOT of people that do. That area is trapped pretty heavily. Not sure how many will post here.

Quote Originally Posted by akdube View Post
    I would like to set a few cat sets out this year up to lake louise but dont want to step on any boots. If you are trapping that area please let me know and I will stay away from that area thanks.
    I am not a trapper but I give you props for asking about the area beforehand and being considerate of other trappers that might be in the area. That is how it should be. Where ever you decide to go, good luck and posts some pictures.

I second in giving you props in asking first!! Sent ya a pm. Northway is spot on, there are quite a few of us that cover the area and though we all work together it is pretty heavily trapped. There are several locals that live in the area that trap for a living. Not to mention we are having conflicts with dog owners up that way that think it is ok to just let their dogs roam (which is against the law in the MatSu Borough) and then get upset when they get caught in traps MILES away from their cabins. I gave you a few suggestions in my pm. Thanks again for checking first and good luck when you do find a place to lay some steel!!

well I've been in the situation before where I go to check my line and the are snares IN my trail from Joe who thought it looked like a good spot. No worries I put an ice shack on lake louise and when we go we stay for 3-4 days at a time did some cruisin around and thought it to be a good spot. oh well glad I asked before setting the steel. Never hurts to ask. Thanks again. How about susitna or tyone way?