Thread: Lost 2-rafts/motor PWS 11-07

Unhappy Lost 2-rafts/motor PWS 11-07

Well, we know it's a long shot but will give it a try! Was hunting the south end of Green Island. During the night a squall came through and somehow the next morning we had no rafts/motor. Possibly cut the ropes on the boat's prop as they were drifting back and forth from the wind???? It was a N/NW wind so they are somewhere out in the Gulf of AK.
    In the "unlikely" event they are found, we can identify. PM please!
    And, yes I know, how do you loose 2 rafts!

Quote Originally Posted by gks View Post
    Well, we know it's a long shot but will give it a try! Was hunting the south end of Green Island. During the night a squall came through and somehow the next morning we had no rafts/motor. Possibly cut the ropes on the boat's prop as they were drifting back and forth from the wind???? It was a N/NW wind so they are somewhere out in the Gulf of AK.
    In the "unlikely" event they are found, we can identify. PM please!
    And, yes I know, how do you loose 2 rafts!
    By chance, would it be reasonable to call the Coast Guard and Whittier port?

If someone spots a boat, they might assume missing/drowned persons.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Default Uscg

Ya....thats the proper protocol. Even small zodiak style rafts. Someone is gonna throw those onboard if they spot them. If a jayhawk on training spots it they will investigate and crossrefrence. Those guys/gals are proffessionals.

I was on a charter flight once where the pilot spotted a zodiak on a remote beach for like a week. After some time he fiqured it drifted and landed there. After I was dropped off in town he went back and salvaged it. It was a nice one too.

Default Rafts

Definitely inform the Coasties. They will also broadcast over the vhf and someone might find it. Likely washed up on Montague, depending on what the tide was doing. Even if they ended up out in the Gulf, there are still a couple of longliners working out of Seward.

Hope you recover them. I've left a message for someone who spends a lot of time out there this time of year. Maybe they will come home.

Sorry to hear about your loss and hope they turn up! What size rope did you have them ties off with?

Already called C/G in Cordova - air support is only in summer! F&G in Cordova informed!

Default Ooops!

Sorry to hear you lost youir boats - curoius how you got out without your rides?

lost the rafts - got out with the boats!