Thread: Friesens Cabins?

Default Friesens Cabins?

Thinking about getting a cabin built. We would do it yourselves but, husband works too much. That's why we are still together. Anyway, thoughts? good, bad, ugly. do do do do wah wah wah!!!

Thanks

Do a search. There was a thread on this about a year ago.

did you ever call the guy I suggested?....he's as good at it gets...
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

A lot depends on the area that you are building. Friesens charges a fee for areas out of their normal zone.

If I were to have a cabin built, I would contact the area "go to" person in that area. Check references etc.....

If all you need is a small cabin, you could do it yourself. Say 12X16. If you go big and do not have alot of time or friends you may want to hire it out. If you decide to build it yourself, post that you are doing so and I am sure that many people wll relate their experiences.

Mike

Question

Building the Cabin is the ONLY joy in owning one. After it is built, all that is left is work. Even if it takes a year to get it done, it is at least one year of enjoyment.

Where is your cabin site?

Friezen has been around a long time. He always has different crews though, so the guy you end up with on your cabin might be a nubie.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

J next time we are on the phone bring this up and i will email you the material list for your cabin.. you will save $$$$ by having the material delivered that you bought. vs paying contractor markup.. that and i can still order you any log you want.

but ... go get Financing first.. that is why i am not building. to few are getting the $$$ needed from the bank to finish the job.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Default Cabin builders

Check out birchmtnbuilders.com, he builds them himself and a couple of guys that has been with him for a long time.