Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Friesens Cabins?

  1. #1
    Member wldboar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    581

    Default Friesens Cabins?

    Thinking about getting a cabin built. We would do it yourselves but, husband works too much. That's why we are still together. Anyway, thoughts? good, bad, ugly. do do do do wah wah wah!!!

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    952

    Default

    Do a search. There was a thread on this about a year ago.

  3. #3

  4. #4
    Member tjm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,125

    Default

    did you ever call the guy I suggested?....he's as good at it gets...
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

  5. #5
    Member Dirtofak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Beaver Creek
    Posts
    2,267

    Default

    A lot depends on the area that you are building. Friesens charges a fee for areas out of their normal zone.

    If I were to have a cabin built, I would contact the area "go to" person in that area. Check references etc.....

    If all you need is a small cabin, you could do it yourself. Say 12X16. If you go big and do not have alot of time or friends you may want to hire it out. If you decide to build it yourself, post that you are doing so and I am sure that many people wll relate their experiences.

    Mike

  6. #6

    Question

    Building the Cabin is the ONLY joy in owning one. After it is built, all that is left is work. Even if it takes a year to get it done, it is at least one year of enjoyment.

    Where is your cabin site?

    Friezen has been around a long time. He always has different crews though, so the guy you end up with on your cabin might be a nubie.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  7. #7
    Member Vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time
    Posts
    8,989

    Default

    J next time we are on the phone bring this up and i will email you the material list for your cabin.. you will save $$$$ by having the material delivered that you bought. vs paying contractor markup.. that and i can still order you any log you want.


    but ... go get Financing first.. that is why i am not building. to few are getting the $$$ needed from the bank to finish the job.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

    meet on face book here

  8. #8

    Default Cabin builders

    Check out birchmtnbuilders.com, he builds them himself and a couple of guys that has been with him for a long time.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •