Thread: Father & daughter need partners

Default Father & daughter need partners

I'm sure alot of you know me from previous post. My 14 year old daughter has convinced me that she needs to go to alaska with me to hunt black bear. I have made reservations with Ocean Homer charters for June 5th- 11th of 2010 for a bear and fishing trip. http://www.homerocean.com/bear_hunting.htm There is 4 additional opennings at this point. We are christians and would like to see is there are any other father and child teams or maybe a husband and wife team that would like to join us on those dates. This would ensure that we would put together a family atmosphere that would be minus the foul language and drunkardness. Thats not to say that I don't like a beer or 2 but I think that you get the idea. Ocean Homer charters are very reasonable and looks to be a great time. Please check them out and let me know if you would be interested. If you have any questions you can PM me or call at 910-381-8363.

I would contact some of the churchs around where you want to hunt, that would be the first thing to do.

Default Homer

Along the contact churches idea, look up Church on the Rock Homer, Ak. That would be a great place to hook up with fellow Christians who know the outdoors.

www.cotrhomer.org
    Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life

Default good ideas

Just a little more info. I'm a retired Marine and have been to Alaska a few times, Last year my partner took a Brown bear and he got the moose due to him being a resident and the moose was 34". The year prior I took my frist Brown bear and I did a solo trip down the Colleen with my wife and we took 2 caribou.

I'm not looking to turn this into a religious retreat and I hate the term "bible thumper" but thats not who or what we are but, we do go to religious services on a regular basis.

I would like to have it were there is a group of people on the boat that is not a bunch of ruff neck guys getting drunk and saliors cussing non stop. Where the focus would be a family atmosphere and the kids and or wives, would be the focus, someone who maybe hasn't taken a black bear. I have enough experience to help you if you need it. I do drink and enjoy a good wine with a nice meal but won't be getting drunk so we can say yes or no to alcohol, up to the majority, and I don't smoke. I don't mind if you do smoke as long as you pay attention to the wind and field strip your butts. I've had a couple of inquiries so lets lock this boat up as a Outdoors directory forum trip and have a great time and take a few black bears and catch some big halibut!!!!

Sending you a P.M. My daughter is 14 and would love to do this.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Default Trip

Sounds like a great trip, good luck to all involved.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

Default Great opportunity...

PM sent.
    Thanks.

Default bump up

Well, we have an openning for one more team of parent and child or husband and wife team. So far we have 2 fathers and a 14 yr old and 16 yr old daughter. Had a bunch of inquires but still have the 2 openning left. So if you want to join us in an atmosphere that is family based with out all of the cussing and drunkardness give me a shout.

Had you posted this about 8 years from now Me and the boy would be all over it!! I hope you guys have a great time and a great adventure. Good Luck!!

can you PM me an approximate price of this trip.. pls.. got 5 kids--- To see which one would want to go...lol

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

my girls were up for it right up till i told them no swearing or drinking......

what can i say... TEENS!!!!!!!!!!
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

lol\ funny

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

pm me with costs etc. my 10 yr. old son and I may be interested.
    Paul

Thumbs up You might wanna try...

Homerdave here on the forums...he's got a lil' water taxi shindig goin' on there in Homer...