Thread: Raft Repair?

Default Raft Repair?

Some rocket scientist backed into my boat and slid it several feet across the pavement at the Kenai Lake launch last fall. Thank goodness it wasn't my 4 yr old daughter back there! Apparently this guy doesn't believe in using his mirrors Anyway, I didn't notice any damage at the time, (not that it would have mattered, because the guy was completely oblivious and just kept driving) but while cleaning-up the raft for storage, I noticed a very small tear in the fabric. When I say very small, I mean like maybe an 1/8 of an inch at one end and down to a point at the other, the entire hole being no more than an 1/8 inch in any direction. I'm not even sure if it goes all the way through. I haven't had the boat in the water since the incident, so I don't even know if it leaks.

So, to my question; is the best method for repairing this really small hole in the bottom of my raft (it's an aire sdp) should I go to the trouble of making a 2 inch patch to cover the hole as the owner's manual states, or can I get away with just filling the hole with aqua seal or some of the cement in the repair kit?

Thanks in advance.

Default AIRE Repair

Mr. Scottsum,

If that AIRE is 10 years old or less take/bring it to Alaska Raft and Kayak, where they/we, will repair it for you free of charge. Why not use the warranty if you got it?!

If it is older than 10 years come on by Alaska Raft and Kayak anyway and I will show you how to patch it. At this time of the year we are patching every day so I will/can take a few minutes and show you how it's done. After all, we want you to be able to get yourself off the river when the time arises!

We look forward to helping you either way,

Tracey
    Alaska Raft and Kayak

How's that for service?!

Default Sounds great!

It is less than ten years old. I actually bought it from an add on Craigslist last fall, but it was new from West Marine (I was surprised when I called the number, but I guess they were trying to get rid of inventory). Anyway, this probably doesn't matter to you guys as you're the authorized service center regardless of where the raft was purchased, correct?

Thanks for the help.

Default We're Here for You!

Even if you did not buy the boat from us! Sure we will throw rocks at you but we will still repair your boat!

Come on in. The coffee is on.

Tracey

Thumbs up Tracy is the man!

I have used them a lot. They never steer you wrong! Of course it's hard to get back in the store, if you don't make it off the river, so maybe it's a marketing thing :-)
    All kidding aside, they are great people.
    Louis

Default Use it and yes

Tracy is the man and I am glad to see him out and about on the FORUM. First Class person and as stated IS the MAN.

Don't be shy stop in and say hello. You will be hard pressed to find someone with his knowledge and it is an AIRE and they will warranty it if less than 10 years old.

Blue Moose

O.K. Good enough then. The next time I drive to Anchorage, I'll bring the boat with. Thanks for the help.

Default Great warrenty and great service

Quote Originally Posted by Tracey Harmon View Post
    Mr. Scottsum,

If that AIRE is 10 years old or less take/bring it to Alaska Raft and Kayak, where they/we, will repair it for you free of charge. Why not use the warranty if you got it?!

If it is older than 10 years come on by Alaska Raft and Kayak anyway and I will show you how to patch it. At this time of the year we are patching every day so I will/can take a few minutes and show you how it's done. After all, we want you to be able to get yourself off the river when the time arises!

We look forward to helping you either way,

Tracey

Alaska Raft and Kayak

And this is exactly why I have bought four boats and many other items from them. Thanks