Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunting Uniforms?

Default Hunting Uniforms?

Is there a standard uniform out there that hunters have to be wearing when hunting or while taking pictures of hunters with harvested animals?

Seems like I recently read a post about someone wearing jeans and sneakers in a picture and I didn't see anything wrong with those clothing choices.

Guess everyone has been going about it all wrong.
    http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...0junk/reag.jpg

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Before taking any of my advice for granted on here research the legal ramifications thoroughly I am not the Troopers nor am I the Judge that will be presiding over your case/hearing. Please read the hunting and sportfishing regulations and feel free to interpret their meaning on your own.

I second jeans and a t-shirt! I really don't have much use for camo and wish there were more hunting clothes to choose from that were non-camo. I'm sure it would be cheaper too since anything that is camo seems to me to be overpriced for what it is.

Default Oh boy

It seems some folks on here are hollier than thou and if you don't conform to their way of thinking then well your standing outside looking in... I have to come to the conclusion some folks on here are members of the good ol boy and gal club... So onto my story about wearing camo and all that other stuff. Rewind to last year in Arizona I was archery hunting couse deer. Well all I was was wearing was a black hoodie, jeans and hiking shoes not boots... I know some folks on this forum are already rolling becuase I wasn't wearing the latest and great from under armour and 200 dollar plus danner boots. Second day of hunting I was able to connect on a 101 pope and young couse deer... While wearing my black hoodie and jeans. When I showed up at my buddies house I told him what I was wearing and he was pissed he goes man I have been hunting for 2 weeks hard wearing all this camo and here you go 2 days of hunting and wearing jeans hiking shoes, it was funny. My first bull elk I ever shot I was wearing jeans a flannel shirt with a pocket full of shells didn;t have one of those fancy cartridge holders on my stock at the time...

Quote Originally Posted by mod elan View Post
    I second jeans and a t-shirt! I really don't have much use for camo and wish there were more hunting clothes to choose from that were non-camo. I'm sure it would be cheaper too since anything that is camo seems to me to be overpriced for what it is.
    I agree all these folks running around wearing thousand dollars worth of hunting clothes some people I tell you. Give me Jeans, a hoodie if it is real cold I wear my Army Gortex yeah I'm that guy...

That's great! Maybe we should start a Camo Free Club or perhaps a support group:

"Hello, my name is Bob ."

" Hi Bob."

"I've been camo-free for 24 days. It's been hard on me as well as the family. Always sulking around as the outcast, folks leering at you. But we're hangin' in there."

Default don't get me

Started on alot of thing I see on this forum it kills me... Since you hvae started camo free club

Hi my Name is John I have been camo free for 9 months it is hard I'm social out cast in Alaska, Peer pressue is horrible all the cool kids want me to be like them but it is hard... Sometimes I sit in the bathroom and cry...

Talking

All together now: "HI JOHN!"

I really don't care for camo much myself. Sure I have some, but for rifle hunting IMO it isn't needed for the most part as movement is a bigger factor than what camo you are wearing. However, for bowhunting I believe breaking up the outline can help as distances are generally much closer. In fact the only big game animal I've taken in camo is a whitetail deer with my bow.

I really don't think anyone is too concerned on here if one is wearing what brand name camo or not. I'm pretty sure whatever lets ya get the job done then go for it. Generalizing that members are upset to hear you took game with animals in camo or not. Really I doubt anyone cares what you choose to hunt itn to be honest. Not sure where you came off with this idea??

I also have a very strict NO CAMO IN URBAN setting policy for myself.

Between mentally adjudicated and cybersapce

Default Hunting uniforms?

Well I tried bare hunting, but I got cold so I put my blue jeans and army gortex back on.

All together now: "HI JOHN!"
    LOL thanks I feel better already

Hey Lanche.... Don't blame 323. bronc started it! We're just playing along. Must be a slow day way back east. And I'm sure a slow day for our 'boys' is a good day!

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska_Lanche View Post
    I really don't think anyone is too concerned on here if one is wearing what brand name camo or not. I'm pretty sure whatever lets ya get the job done then go for it. Generalizing that members are upset to hear you took game with animals in camo or not. Really I doubt anyone cares what you choose to hunt itn to be honest. Not sure where you came off with this idea??
    I was referring to this post and I think 323 was as well.

let's see

...dressed up bear
    ...posed bear
    ...perfect makeup
    ...hair done
    ...tennis shoes
    ...jeans

I retract all given respect.. as a hunter

Hey Lanche.... Don't blame 323. bronc started it! We're just playing along. Must be a slow day way back east. And I'm sure a slow day for our 'boys' is a good day!
    You have no idea how slow it has been for the past couple of days! Slow enough for me to read through every post on the "Hey Guys! This girls needs your help! Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoformudv View Post
    You have no idea how slow it has been for the past couple of days! Slow enough for me to read through every post on the "Hey Guys! This girls needs your help! Thread.
    WOW.

We better bring this back to hunting or we're gonna get booted to general disc.

I do agree that camo is good for some hunting. As mentioned it's pretty much a necessity for the bow. I'm guessing turkey and hog hunting. Some situations it may help for sheep and goat. Any others out there that it is needed for?

We better bring this back to hunting or we're gonna get booted to general disc.

I do agree that camo is good for some hunting. As mentioned it's pretty much a necessity for the bow. I'm guessing turkey and hog hunting. Some situations it may help for sheep and goat. Any others out there that it is needed for?

I am pretty sure camo is mandatory for moose and caribou hunting with rifles as well as 375 ultra mags you know those critters are sneaky and tough hombres.
    http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...0junk/reag.jpg

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Before taking any of my advice for granted on here research the legal ramifications thoroughly I am not the Troopers nor am I the Judge that will be presiding over your case/hearing. Please read the hunting and sportfishing regulations and feel free to interpret their meaning on your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska_Lanche View Post

I also have a very strict NO CAMO IN URBAN setting policy for myself.

Come on now we all know what post we are talking about here is one from Bushrat
    "I find very distasteful to what hunting is. You even have it labeled "huntin' in heels." My God, nice to know you are ready to pursue your quarry to the best of your ability"

So saying people don;t care what you wear... Everyone on this forum passes judgement on someone, they really hammer you if your are not from Alaska...

But back on topic I just can;t bring myself to drop a a 100 dollars plus on a camo hoodie or pants wow I could use that for something else...

Rob: You most certainly are getting bored......

You're a bit feisty today aren't ya bronc?

Between mentally adjudicated and cybersapce

Default What?

I'm guessing turkey and hog hunting.
    Camo for hog hunting? Not where I'm from, the hogs in south florida get BEEG, but they are blind as a bat, or they just didn't care if we walked up on them.

We hunted them in what ever was on our back at the time. Heck most times we only had shorts on.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast