Thread: Another Fox, Another Time

Default Another Fox, Another Time

After seeing the great Fox photo on the Anchorage Daily News website yesterday ? I couldn't stop myself from posting a few of a Fox I photographed this past September.

Last edited by Tracey Harmon; 11-12-2009 at 00:46. Reason: I tried another method of posting from Flickr, which failed.

Living @ the Top of the World in Barrow Alaska

A helpful hint: you are too far away !!

IN this case it was not possible for you to get closer to the subject physically - so you need a lens to bring the subject closer !!

FILL the VIEWFINDER - with textured detail - is the key to great photographs.

Wildlife photograhy is difficult. Practice - makes - better !!

Perhaps the most noteable wildlife photographer in Alaska - Johnny Johnson, has some incredible images of animals up close and personal.

He is featured in many galleries throughout Anchorage.

Default I tend to agree with you Majik,

though my wife doesn't! I like tight shots; she likes habitat shots. But the truth of the matter is that I was photographing alongside an acquaintance who wanted to scope out my 100-400. Me being me, I pulled the "big" lens off my camera and handed it to her. Immediately, out of the corner of my eye, I see this Fox trotting by behind us! Naturally I made a dive for my lens but she kicked me back, forcing me to throw my 70-200 on. In short, I used what I had!

I'm certain I could have taken her if I had of tried, but being basically chicken of women I didn't!

Now you know the rest of the story..............

Very nice shots, Tracy.

You can always crop a couple of them to perhaps 50+% and bring the fox a lot closer, but some of the background is lost in the process.