Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: looking for an ALPAKA raft?

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Default looking for an ALPAKA raft?

while in Valdez yesterday i stopped by Renolds sporting goods...(used to be hook line and sinker) he has 3 alpaka on the floor reg price 950.00 marked down to 750.00 and told me 550.0 now to get rid of them they are a year or two older model and plain jane version he called it.. not sure if that is a good price or not but he said he would ship up if some one wanted to buy them....i did get some bullets i have been trying to find..

Any idea which model?
    Last edited by mod elan; 11-12-2009 at 08:05. Reason: shorten ?

That's a great deal. If someone wanted to add a spray skirt, you can send the boat to Alpacka down in Colorado and they'll install it for you, even on an older boat. If we didn't already have our boats, I would jump on that deal.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

not sure the modle... 411 renolds sporting goods in valdez and Richard( guy behind the counter) will giv you the details

my understanding is they are still in the chapter 11 and willing to deal too..

I purchased two from them in the spring of 09 for $550 each. One was a llama with a spray skirt and the other was a open dory (now called the fiord explorer). When I called Alpacka and asked about this price they responded by saying that it was a very good price. I thought all they had left were models smaller than the llama and the only coler was mud (brown). I can go find out if anyone is interested.

Default no paddle or spray skirt

When I talked to them this morning they didn't have any paddles or spray skirts for them.
    This may be standard, I don't know ??
    But looking on the website it costs $200 to add a spray skirt plus shipping both ways. Inaddition to shipping it up from Valdez.

twas the brown ones he had...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by AKMarmot View Post
    When I talked to them this morning they didn't have any paddles or spray skirts for them.
    This may be standard, I don't know ??
    But looking on the website it costs $200 to add a spray skirt plus shipping both ways. Inaddition to shipping it up from Valdez.
    there are expiditors that will carry it up for aobut 30 bucks.. road runner and such...glen transport if they are still in business..but when you buy a raft.. the extras are extra...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

I travel back and forth from Valdez to Anchorage every two weeks. I could carry it to Anchorage on Tuesday.

Default I caved

Vince,
    I'm not complaining, I just don't know what is a good price on these & if I really need one
    However, I ordered one just in case, figure I could always resell it
    Slow Reflection
    I will call him in the morning & if it has not shipped that would be great, & I will let him know.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AKMarmot View Post
    Vince,
    I'm not complaining, I just don't know what is a good price on these & if I really need one
    However, I ordered one just in case, figure I could always resell it
    Slow Reflection
    I will call him in the morning & if it has not shipped that would be great, & I will let him know.
    Thanks

So what size are they? The alpaca are pretty small, lenght wise I believe, if illiamna or something I might be interested too, not sure are all the models they make. Co worker did the Colorado river last year, 20+ days in one I believe, he just loved it.

AK,
    They had a dory ( fiord exploerer) & yak still available yesteday.
    I am going to pm Slow Reflect. if you are interseted in one.

835-4410 there i found the card i swiped...

tell richard you got it from me seems like a nice guy trying to make things happen the ones i seen all looked the same... so it is prolly best if you call him direct and get the answers you want...

meet on face book here

Man, I would love to get a Yukon Yak. I have the Denali Llama and it is awesome when I'm loaded with extra gear, but it's about 2 inches too long for me for day trips. The Yak would be a better day-to-day boat for me, but I just can't justify the extra money right now. It's a really, really good deal at $550, though.

Brian,

I'm shorter than you so I feel your pain. My wife's Yukon Yak is perfect for me size wise as the sizing chart on the website would indicate. However, my wife and I both enjoy that extra hauling ability of going a size up. The best thing we've found with getting around the having too short of legs for the size of boat you have is to stuff your daypack down at your feet. It actually works quite amazingly. First tried it in Class II+ water in a boney little creek as was amazed at how much it helped. Felt like I was basically in my wife's yukon yak again. And with a spray skirt you don't have to worry so much about getting your daypack super soaked. But I pack my daypack in a silnylon bag anyways, especially since I don't have a spray skirt. Which reminds me I still need to send my Llama in for a spray skirt.

bumping for LUJON...

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    bumping for LUJON...
    Thanks Vince, unfortunately I am not getting through to them I even sicked the google monster on them and found an email which came back promptly "undeliverable"... Anyone have a good contact number for Reynolds Alaska Sporting goods and Marine in Valdez?

REYNOLDS ALASKA LLC SPORTING GOODS AND MARINE STORE

Reynolds Alaska LLC: New in Valdez! Sporting Goods Store has it all: Fishing, Hunting, Camping. And visit the Marine Store for ALL your boat, RV, snowmachine, and ATV needs! (Valdez, Alaska)

SPORTING GOODS: 154 EAST EGAN
    MARINE STORE: 205 SOUTH MEALS
    VALDEZ AK

SPORTING GOODS: 907-835-4410 // MARINE STORE: 907-835-3920
    | Email: racchristensen@gci.net

yep, that is what I found too... Both numbers are out of service and the email was undeliverable...

Hey, I tried.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast