Thread: CSN? Bonus Points? HUH?

Default CSN? Bonus Points? HUH?

According to the F&G newsletter in my mailbox I have been lucky enough to receive a Customer Service Number for the futuristic bonus points system adopted by the BoG & soon to be implemented by AK Fish and Game.

Is there any information on the bonus points system that is headed our way? I see the online application for draw hunts has a slot for the CSN number. I figure I'll add my CSN number and see what happens with it in the following years.

Any thoughts on this new system?

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

where ya been grem? that was so last weeks discussion...

Out of state with lil to no internet access. Out of my 23 years in AK this year was the only time I missed first snow.

Still trying to catch up.

search time...lol

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

I just found it. Besides Taylor's rabbies post I havn't found much info on the points system.

Default looks like the Colorado points system

From the little that I have seen, it looks similar to the Colorado points system.

Check out Colorado DOW (Division of Wildlife) and see what their website tells you.

Default Nelchina

We already have the bonus points system in place for the Nelchina caribou hunt (started last year). It will likely (unfortunately) expand into other hunts in the near future.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Water_Gremlin View Post
    I just found it. Besides Taylor's rabbies post I havn't found much info on the points system.
    well now your caught up... and about the same speed as the rest of us.. lots of conjecture at this point.

To the best of my understanding, the point system has not yet been designed. It was set into motion at the last BoG meeting in the spring, though, so they're trying to get ahead of the game by assigning numbers now.

My wife received a CSN too, but it's only two digits not the prescribed four. I called F&G to see what I could do to get the number straightened out. I figured since we received the letter, and the online draw app has a slot for the CSN there was some slight importance to the whole deal. What I was told by F&G is none of it matters, not to worry about it, blah blah blah. I even attempted a funny to lighten the gentleman's demeanor and received a stern answer in response. Geeeessshh what a tough crowd F&G is. lol

Default Why have them?

The wife threw our letters in the trash by mistake, I called F&G to see if I could stop by and get our numbers again but was told they mean nothing. My responce to the gentelman was "if they mean nothing why send them out", I was told the system they were intended for is not in place and they really have no merit on any hunt applications.

Can someone enlighten me, do we really need these?

Quote Originally Posted by GAredneck View Post
    The wife threw our letters in the trash by mistake, I called F&G to see if I could stop by and get our numbers again but was told they mean nothing. My responce to the gentelman was "if they mean nothing why send them out", I was told the system they were intended for is not in place and they really have no merit on any hunt applications.

Can someone enlighten me, do we really need these?

Would be interesting to know how many letters went out at $00.42 EACH. Postage alone would be $42,000.00 per 100,000 letters. Plus administrative costs....... If it means nothing, someone should be "FIRED".

Are there any proposals being drafted for the next cycle to do away with the up-and-coming bonus point system?

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    Would be interesting to know how many letters went out at $00.42 EACH. Postage alone would be $42,000.00 per 100,000 letters. Plus administrative costs....... If it means nothing, someone should be "FIRED".
    **** good question!

Quote Originally Posted by broncoformudv View Post
    **** good question!
    Except for the fact that there were only 13,000 letters sent out so its closer to $5K but still.....

Anyone have an accurate count on how many CSN numbers were sent out?

Quote Originally Posted by broncoformudv View Post
    Anyone have an accurate count on how many CSN numbers were sent out?

well i know of 6 that have not.....
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    well i know of 6 that have not.....
    Sorry Vince got mine a couple of weeks ago. Want to borrow them?